Finding a new pair of shoes, especially online, is often a challenging endeavor. This is why we put in the work to review all the best Asics for nurses and healthcare workers for you. The shoes below have been proven repeatedly to be the best for long shifts and tired feet.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this article are affiliate links which means, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Our Top Recommended Asics Shoes for Nurses:
1. ASICS Women’s Gel-Kayano Shoes for Nurses
2. ASICS Women’s Gel-Cumulus Running Shoes
3. ASICS Women’s Gel-Nimbus Shoes for Nurses
4. ASICS Gel-Quantum Women’s Running Shoes
5. ASICS Women’s Gel-Venture Running Shoes
6. ASICS Women’s Gel-Excite Running Shoes
7. ASICS Women’s Gel-Contend Shoes for Nurses
Keep reading for our more detailed reviews of the best Asics shoes for nurses, Respiratory Therapists, doctors, and other medical professionals. You can learn more about our favorites below.
Best Asics Shoes for Nurses and Healthcare Workers:
Our top pick for the best Asics for healthcare workers is the ASICS Women’s Gel-Kayano Shoes for Nurses. These shoes are made with a vented, jacquard mesh upper that increases air-flow and breathability to keep your feet cool and dry all day. Designed for those with an overpronated gait, these shoes use Asics’ Dynamic Duomax technology to support the stability of the feet while re-adjusting the angle at which they fall.
Cushioning gel can be found in both the rear and forefront of the shoe, giving you better protection from impact shocks throughout your workday. These shoes feature Space Trusstic technology that reduces the weight of the sole without compromising any structural or stability support.
Enhanced flexibility can be found throughout the sole, leading to a more natural heel-to-toe transition. These shoes are available in 12 color combinations and sizes 5 to 13. Half sizes and wide widths can also be found in most sizes.
- The Dynamic Duomax technology provides support and gentle readjustment for those who tend to walk with an overpronated gait.
- Severe impacts are lessened with the extra gel cushion in the front and heel of the shoe.
- A flexible sole allows for a more natural foot movement when transitioning between heel to toe.
Our number two pick, the ASICS Women’s Gel-Cumulus Running Shoes, is suitable for those who have a more neutral walking gait. These shoes feature Asics’ High Abrasion Rubber on the soles, giving you long-lasting durability that keeps up with consistent daily use. Better structure and comfort can be found with the specially designed 3D printed upper, as it was made to support proper foot positioning during movement.
- Flexible shoes that are designed for those with neutral walking styles.
- The FlyteFoam Propel technology in the midsoles gives you a spring to each step while working with the gel pockets to provide extra shock absorption.
- Long-lasting and durable due to the High Abrasion Rubber placed in specific areas on the outsole.
The ASICS Women’s Gel-Nimbus Shoes for Nurses comes in at number three on our list with its stabilization technology and extra cushion. The use of Asics’ Guidance Trusstic System in this shoe allows for a more stabilized gait while also providing additional structural support at the midfoot.
Increased cushioning can be found in the Nimbus’s SpevaFoam 45, stretching the length of the shoe and providing the highest density of foam available in any Asics shoe. They feature FlyteFoam Lyte Midsole Technology that works to provide extra cushion and protection against harsh impacts.
These shows come in 28 different colors, from neutrals to brighter, more attention-grabbing shades. They are available in sizes 5 to 13, with half sizes and wide widths in each size.
- It provides superior comfort during long shifts from its layer of SpevaFoam 45.
- It helps to stabilize your gait with the Guidance Trusstic System technology.
- The FlyteFoam Lyte Midsole protects the feet and joints from shocks and harsh impacts that could lead to pain.
Made specifically for those with neutral gaits and normal arches, the ASICS Gel-Quantum Women’s Running Shoes comes in at number four on our list. These shoes feature an Ortholite insole for comfort that will last you all day. As I’m sure you can imagine, this feature will definitely come in handy during those long, 12-hour shifts.
The Solyte midsole works in combination with the rear and forefoot gel to provide extra cushion and shock absorption.
Additional structural support can be found in the Quantum’s contoured heel, effectively supporting our heels and ankles during long days spent standing and walking. They are available in a range of sizes, from 6 to 11, with seven different colors to choose from.
- They provide enhanced shock absorption with their Solyte midsole and gel found in the shoe’s rear and forefoot.
- A removable Ortholite insole allows for day-long comfort.
- It features a contoured heel design that helps to support the heel and ankles.
Coming in at number five on our list is the ASICS Women’s Gel-Venture Running Shoes. These shoes feature an EVA midsole that encases your feet in comfort and provides a measure of protection against shocks. While the gel technology, found in the rear of the shoe, works to protect against harsh impacts during footfall.
A synthetic leather upper gives structural support, which extends down into the contoured heel that helps to keep your gait steady and in proper positioning for protection from future pain.
The inside of the shoe includes an Ortholite sockliner that acts as a moisture wicker and allows extra comfort. These shoes are available in 20 different color combinations, from blue and pink to black and grey, so you are sure to find the best color to suit your work style. They come in sizes 5 through 12, with half sizes and wide widths available in most sizes.
- A structured leather upper works with the contoured heel to support the feet and ankles while also correcting the gait if it deviates from a neutral line of motion.
- The EVA midsole gives you comfort and, with the combination of the rear gel technology, helps protect your feet from harsh impacts.
- An Ortholite sockliner has been added for additional comfort to help wick moisture away from your feet, for cool and dry feet throughout your shifts.
The ASICS Women’s Gel-Excite Running Shoes is number six on our list of best Asics for healthcare workers. These shoes were designed with a technical mesh upper that allows for superior air-flow and breathability to help keep your feet cool and dry through even the most hectic of shifts.
The Excite also employs a lightweight sockliner to promote comfort and moisture-wicking. Designed with a wider fit than traditional running shoes, the toebox is larger and roomier, which allows for more wiggle-room in the toes.
The AmpliFoam midsole, combined with the underfoot gel technology, provides the soft cushion and impact protection that the feet need during long days, along with unrivaled durability for long-time use.
Available in sizes 5 through 12, these shoes also come in half sizes and wider widths for those who need them. They arrive in 18 different color combinations, including neutrals and bright fluorescents.
- Most noted with the extra room available in the toebox, these shoes were designed for wider feet.
- It includes AmpliFoam midsole and gel technology to provide a cushion for the feet and shock absorption.
- The structured, technical mesh upper offers more support than a typical mesh upper, all while improving its breathability.
Last, but not least, coming in at number seven is the supportive and durable ASICS Women’s Gel-Contend Shoes for Nurses. These shoes offer a heel contour that helps to support the heel and ankles while walking or running. The fabric mesh upper is crisscrossed with a laminate midcage to further support the feet and ensure good positioning.
An Ortholite sockliner can be found in the Contend, helping to give you lightweight, breathable comfort. For better cushion and impact protection, the Contend comes with an AmpliFoam midsole and rearfoot gel technology.
These shoes come in 15 different color combinations, so you are sure to find the perfect color to suit your style. They are available in sizes 5 to 12, with wide widths and half sizes to best find your perfect fit.
- For lightweight and breathable comfort, these include an Ortholite sockliner as well as a padded tongue.
- Its AmpliFoam midsole and gel in the heel of the shoe provides you with all-day comfort and shock absorption.
- A fabric mesh upper with a laminated midcage and a reinforced to work together to support the feet.
Not to mention, hopefully, this guide can help you as well. Thank you so much for reading and as always, breathe easy my friend.