As a nurse or medical professional, you have to carry a lot of supplies such as blood pressure cuffs, charting equipment, books, and maybe even a laptop or tablet. Having a good bag to tote around all of your stuff is very important. It can keep you better organized, and keep you from straining yourself with a heavy load.
But where do you start? There are so many bag listings online and in stores that it’s overwhelming and near impossible to make a confident decision. This list is here to help, as it notes all the best bags for nurses in one place.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this article are affiliate links which means, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Our Top Recommended Bags for Nurses and Medical Professionals:
1. Nurse Mates Ultimate Bag
2. KOI Medical Unisex Nurse Bag
3. ADC Nurse/Physician Medical Bag
4. NGIL 18″ Large Utility Tote Bag
5. ESVAN Floral Water Resistant Bag
6. Vera Bradley Crossbody Purse
7. Lekesky Laptop Backpack Work Travel Bag
8. Everest Luggage Deluxe Shopping Tote
9. Himawari Travel School Work Backpack
10. MOSISO Sling Crossbody Backpack
Keep reading for our more detailed reviews of the best bags for nurses and medical professionals. You can learn more about our favorites below.
Best Bags for Nurses and Healthcare Workers:
Next up on our list is the Nurse Mates Ultimate Bag. The Nurse Mates Ultimate Bag makes it to the top of the list for a reason. This bag is the number one choice of nursing students and working nurses everywhere.
It has multiple zippers and pockets that are made specifically for the medical supplies and books typically carried by any medical professional. The bag is large and roomy without being too bulky or heavy, and the top-hinged opening makes it easy to find supplies hidden in its depths.
- Made of waterproof canvas and nylon, making it easy to wipe down with disinfectant wipes or thrown in the washer for cleaning
- Multiple storage compartments and an interior laptop slot to hold all the supplies you will need while working
- Heavy-duty seams and zippers so the bag will last even when filling it to the brim with heavy course books
- Many colors and styles to choose from to suit your taste
The second on our list is the KOI Medical Unisex Nurse Bag. A large, sturdy bag, it has plenty of room for even a 15” laptop with room to spare.
The pockets inside are designed to the specification of the equipment a nurse would use, such as plenty of pen pockets, a place for a blood pressure cuff, a stethoscope, and more.
- This lightweight bag comes with plenty of room to store anything you might need
- Comes with a padded, non-slip shoulder strap, so even when the bag is filled it won’t be digging into your shoulder.
- Made of waterproof material and can be wiped down easily.
- Includes an elastic cup holder on the side of the bag so you never have to worry about your drink falling over while working or studying.
The ADC Nurse/Physician Medical Bag is a no-nonsense style of nursing bag. It is simple and minimalist while still having the room to store your supplies.
This bag is made to protect your expensive medical equipment by having a foam pad line the bottom, so even if it is tossed in an emergency, you don’t have to worry about anything breaking.
- This bag is made out of heavy-duty nylon that greatly increases its lifespan.
- The shoulder strap is adjustable and removable for your convenience and comfort.
- A double zipper opening on the main compartment makes it so that your supplies are easily accessible.
Coming in at number four on our list is the NGIL 18″ Large Utility Tote Bag. This is a monster of a bag, perfect for traveling nurses or students to haul their books and supplies.
The bag is collapsable when not in use, so it can be easier to store out of the way. It’s made out of a waterproof nylon material that is durable and easy to wipe down to disinfect.
- The large size of this bag makes it wonderful for anyone having to lug books and binders around.
- An elastic pocket on both sides of the bag lets you keep your drinks handy while freeing up space from within.
- It comes with a two-handle strap design, making it sit up higher when you’re holding it, keeping your things in easy reach.
- A keyring installed on the front of the purse keeps you from having to dig for them when you’re in a rush.
Next up on our list is the ESVAN Floral Water Resistant Bag. This one is a little bit easier on the wallet without compromising on style or durability.
The ESVAN Floral Water Resistant Bag comes in many different, beautiful styles, and is made out of high-quality outdoor fabric that can be handled roughly without wear and tear. It comes with multiple pockets both inside and out to store all of your valuables.
- This bag comes in plenty of vibrant colors and designs to choose from to suit your style.
- A more compact design, giving you more than enough space while not being overly cumbersome.
- Made of washable, durable, and crease-proof material.
The Vera Bradley Crossbody Purse comes in at number 6 on our list and instantly recognizable. This bag has a unique three zipper design, dividing the bag into three different compartments.
It may not be as large as the previous bags, but the way it is structured allows you to store all of your necessities. Not to mention the classic Vera Bradley quilted design on the bag is instantly recognizable anywhere.
- The signature quilted design is made from lightweight but durable cotton, giving it a softer feel while carrying it.
- As a crossbody, you won’t have to worry about the strap slipping off your shoulder or have to hold onto it while walking.
- The three zippered design of the bag makes it easy to organize anything you need to bring with you.
Next up on our list is the Lekesky Laptop Backpack Work Travel Bag. If you are searching for a large backpack to bring to work or school, that will be sleek and fashionable even when stuffed, look no further.
It comes in either a durable fabric style or a waterproof PU leather to suit your aesthetic. This makes it both durable and fashionable all at the same time. Any nurse or medical professional who sports this bag will look great doing so.
- A roomy laptop compartment that can store up to a 15’ computer.
- A double zipper, wide-open, hands-free design at the top that allows for plenty of room to see what’s inside without a struggle.
- Side pockets for water bottles both inside and outside of the bag.
- A hidden zipper pocket on the back where you can safely store your valuables.
Number eight on our list is the Everest Luggage Deluxe Shopping Tote. It’s a large bag with double straps, made out of high-quality polyester with professionally sewn seams for double the durability.
This bag is more than strong enough to handle some rough, everyday wear, and tear. When compared to others on our list, this is by far one of the most affordable options. That makes it an excellent choice for students or new nurses.
- Large inner compartment with plenty of room, and a cinching water bottle holder attached to the inner lining.
- An extra storage area under the bag with a separate zipper to store books or wallets.
- The bag comes with an extra coin purse that can be attached either inside or outside the bag.
- Three outer pockets for more room to store your equipment.
The Himawari Travel School Work Backpack is designed in a classic, minimalistic style and made out of an eco-friendly canvas. And that alone is a well-deserving reason to include it here on our list of best bags for nurses.
It comes with a padded back panel and adjustable shoulder straps make this bag comfortable for longer wear. This means that your back and shoulders won’t get tired as you walk to and from your car before and after those long, 12-hour shifts.
- This bag comes with two small inner pockets, two zipper pockets, and one large front pocket.
- Includes a secret zipper in the back of the bag that connects to the large inner storage compartment, making it easier to get your supplies out.
- There is an inner zipper pocket that holds a small USB cord that you can hook a power bank up to and charge your devices on the go if needed.
- This backpack comes in a variety of colors and patterns to choose from.
Lastly, our number ten bag, MOSISO Sling Crossbody Backpack, has a unique triangle design and has only one strap. The single strap design lets you easily hoist it over one shoulder, wear it as a crossbody bag or hold it in your hand, depending on what you wish to do.
The strap can even be readjusted to change the way it fits over your shoulder to the right or left side. This means that it works well for nurses of any height. Not to mention, the unique design simply just looks amazing.
- Smaller backpack design is easily maneuverable and adjustable.
- Three different sized pockets and a place on the front of the bag where you can thread your earbud wires through.
- The top of the bag has a snap closure that a jacket can be threaded through.
- Includes two mesh pouches, one on each side, to carry a drink or glasses or an umbrella.
So there you have it. Those were some of the best bags for nurses that are currently available online. Now with this list, you can make a smart, informed decision on what nursing bag might be right for you.
Just simply navigate through the list and go with whichever one seems to be the best fit for your needs. Thank you so much for reading and as always, breathe easy my friend.