Disclosure: Some of the links in this article are affiliate links which means, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Our Top Recommended Bandage Scissors:
Best Bandage Scissors for Nurses and Healthcare Pros:
Coming in at #1 on our list is none other than the Madison Supply Medical Scissors.
Starting off our list is the highly-durable, fluoride-coated scissors from Madison Supply. This pair of scissors is perfect for nurses, doctors, and paramedics alike. They’re 7.5 inches in length and they feature a super sharp stainless steel edge with milled serrations that’ll help you cut some of the toughest materials out there during the dressing process.
These medical scissors feature blunt tips that are highly safe to use. Additionally, this is a pair of scissors that are autoclavable to 290 F/143 C, which allows for meticulous sterilization.
The handles on this pair of scissors are made of high-impact plastic, which grants them a great deal of durability. We’re also quite fond of how commodious the finger holes are, even for users with larger fingers. Keep in mind that these shears will tend to dull out over time, so you’re likely going to need to replace them about once a year or so. All in all, great value for the money.
- Fluoride-coated scissors for a non-stick surface
- Can cut through some of the thickest materials
- They’re autoclavable and they feature blunt tips
- Both the blades and handles are highly durable
- The finger holes are appreciably accommodating
- People with small hands may find this pair too big
- The edges tend to become dull with excessive use
Next up on our list is the Ever Ready Bandage Shears.
If you’re looking for a pair of titanium-bonded bandage scissors at an affordable price, you’ll find this pair from Ever Ready to be everything you need. These are highly durable scissors that can cut through a wide variety of fabrics and materials, not just bandages. Further, this pair features a protective layer that grants it great resistance against corrosion and adhesion.
These scissors are quite longer than the majority of medical scissors out there, as they measure at 7.25 inches from tip to handle.
- Highly resistant to adhesives and corrosion
- The longer design offers users great control
- Can cut through a wide variety of materials
- Can be used for extended periods of time
- One of the most affordable shears on our list
- The longer design can be quite hard to store
- Not the best pair for those with smaller hands
Coming in at #3 on our list is the Utopia Care Lister Bandage Scissors.
Boasting ice-tempered, stainless steel blades with notably sharp edges and a smooth finish, this pair of medical scissors are perfect for cutting through dressings and bandages in emergency or medical care, surgery, and nursing environments. These scissors are ideal for both professional medical use and home use. They can cut through bandages, tape, gauze, and more with ease.
The great thing about this pair of scissors is that they’re only 5.5 inches long, meaning that you’ll find it easy to store them just about anywhere, from your travel case to your pocket.
Another great thing about these scissors is that the blades are slightly angled, which allows for a more accurate cutting experience without any seams and also adds to the safety factor. In terms of build quality, these scissors are made entirely out of stainless steel from the handles to the tip for ideal durability. Not to mention that these scissors are conveniently lightweight and thin.
- Lightweight yet extremely resilient construction
- The angled blades allow for meticulous cutting
- These scissors can easily be stored anywhere
- The lower blade slips under materials smoothly
- This product is hand-crafted for optimal comfort
- The finger holes are too small for larger hands
- Not the best scissors for cutting thick materials
Next up is none other than the Premium Life Bandage Scissors.
Looking for a more affordable option? The Premium Life Bandage Scissors is your best bet. The autoclavable design and stainless steel build of these scissors make it hard to believe how inexpensive they are. And it’s not just about the build quality, the performance of these scissors can rival that of some of the most expensive medical scissors on the market today.
The blades on these scissors are slightly angled in order to cut through bandages fluently. As 5.5-inch scissors, you won’t have a problem storing them at all. They’re also pretty lightweight and thin, which makes them comfortable and easy to control.
Moreover, the handles on this pair are pretty commodious for most hands. Overall, a great pair of scissors for light-duty jobs.
- The most affordable bandage scissors on this list
- Built entirely from stainless steel for ideal durability
- Boasts angled blades for safe and smooth cutting
- Easy to store thanks to low profile and lightweight
- Has an autoclavable construction for ease of use
- These scissors aren’t designed for thicker materials
- Not the most convenient for those with large hands
And last bu not least, coming in at #5 on our list is the Rainbow Stainless Steel Bandage Scissors.
These titanium-bonded bandage scissors measure at 5.5 inches and offer excellent cutting power, allowing them to gracefully cut through thick materials. You should expect these scissors to last way longer than the majority of the competition since they feature stainless steel bondage.
This pair of scissors feature a blunted tip that does absolutely no harm when placed against the skin while the serrated blades do all the cutting. In addition, the angled blades allow for an easy cutting experience. What’s more, the blades are coated in such a way that allows them to resist materials that can stick them together such as glue and tape.
Cutting power is by far the most prominent quality these scissors have to offer. This pair can cut through an extensive array of materials and fabrics without dulling the blades. It can be used for cutting bandages, gauze, tape, and clothing.
The grips on these scissors are really comfortable and they feature accommodating finger holes that are appropriate for most hands.
- Features highly-durable stainless steel blades
- Can cut through an extensive range of materials
- Comfortable grips with commodious finger holes
- Really safe to work with thanks to the blunted tip
- This pair offers a great deal of value for the price
- Beautiful colorful design
- Some people are turned off by the colorful design
- Not as bulky as some people like them to be
Buying Guide for Bandage Scissors:
Bandage scissors must have a slightly angled upper blade in order to allow for an easy cutting experience and the lower blade should be blunt and has a rounded tip to ensure safety. You also need to make sure that the scissors that you’d like to buy feature a serrated edge. That’ll help you cut through fabrics and materials pretty fast.
You want to make sure that your bandage scissors are built from durable materials that will last for a long time. What’s more, the blades of the scissors need to be sharp enough to cut through thin and thick materials with ease, which is important for ER situations where every second counts.
Most bandage scissors are 7.5 inches in length, which is the ideal size for the vast majority of adults. However, this doesn’t mean you can’t go smaller if you’re dealing with smaller bandages. You also want to ensure that the finger holes can accommodate your fingers comfortably so that you can cut with optimal precision and control.
Lastly, you want to make sure that the bandage scissors you’re about to buy feature an autoclavable design so that they can be sterilized after use. Not all of the shears on the market can handle 250 degrees worth of pressured steam. Some of them will rust and others will lose their sharpness.
Thank you so much for reading and as always, breathe easy my friend.