Nurses and healthcare workers usually spend hours standing, walking, and, sometimes, even running while on the job. Because of this, it’s essential to wear reliable shoes that provide support and keep your feet healthy throughout the day.
Hoka is a brand that’s known for making some of the best running shoes on the market. In recent years, they’ve also become popular among healthcare professionals because of the support and comfort their shoes can provide.
If you’re in the market for a new pair of shoes to wear while at work, you can use our reviews of the best Hoka shoes for nurses to find the perfect pair.
Top Recommended Hoka Shoes for Nurses:
2. HOKA ONE ONE Women’s Clifton Running Shoes
3. HOKA ONE ONE Women’s Challenger ATR Sneakers
4. HOKA ONE ONE Women’s Rincon Running Shoes
5. HOKA ONE ONE Women’s Torrent Shoes for Nurses
6. HOKA ONE ONE Speedgoat Running Shoes
7. HOKA ONE ONE Women’s Gaviota Shoes for Nurses
Keep reading for our in-depth reviews of the best Hoka shoes for nurses and those who do a lot of standing on the job. You can learn more about our favorites below.
Best Hoka Shoes for Nurses and Healthcare Workers:
These shoes feature an upper portion made from engineered mesh that helps increase the airflow, and this combines well with the supportive lycra framed heel to give you overall comfort and support.
The Bondi model is designed with a compression EVA foam midsole that fits the full-length of the sole. This helps provide you with all-day comfort and shock protection, which comes in handy during long work shifts in the hospital.
These shoes also include a lightweight rubber outsole that helps to provide traction on uneven or wet surfaces. This model is great for nurses and healthcare workers, but it also works well for anyone who does a lot of standing while on the job.
- A combination of an engineered mesh upper with a lycra framed heel promotes breathability and support for long workdays.
- With a compression EVA foam midsole that stretches the shoe’s full length, you are given thick cushioned comfort and shock protection.
- A lightweight rubber outsole enables enhanced stability and traction support in wet or uneven surfaces.
Next up on our list is the lightweight HOKA ONE ONE Women’s Clifton Running Shoes. These shoes feature an upper with reinforced embroidered layers that help to lighten the shoe while also providing extra structural support to the midfoot.
The early-stage Meta Rockers found in the Clifton shoes reduce the height differential between the heel and toe, allowing for a smoother transition and better gait.
A midsole design with full compression EVA foam offers better, sink-in style cushioning and supportive impact protection. The outsole features strategically placed high-abrasion rubber that gives you better stability and traction in ordinary and hazardous environments.
These shoes come in nine different color combinations and range from size 5 to 11. Some sizes come with half sizing and wide width options.
- The reinforced embroidered upper provides increased structural support at the midfoot while also helping to lighten the shoe.
- A full compression EVA foam midsole gives cloud-like cushioning and protective impact protection.
- The strategically placed high-abrasion rubber outsole allows for better traction and stability in any situation.
Our number three pick is the rugged HOKA ONE ONE Women’s Challenger ATR Sneakers. These shoes feature 4mm traction lugs and a pod-like outsole design that works to increase traction and stability in any environment.
The Challenger ATR shoes also include an oversized EVA foam midsole that gives you thick cushion for all-day comfort, increased stability, and premium shock absorption.
With the addition of early-stage Meta Rockers, these shoes work to smooth the heel to toe transition while simultaneously providing a responsive bounce to each step. For extra durability, this shoe’s toe box is designed with a textured TPU reinforcement patch that prevents early breakdown of the area.
These shoes come in a range of sizes, from 6 to 10, with half-size options available. They also come in eight different color choices, from naturals to brighter shades, so you are sure to find one to fit your preferred color pallet.
- The oversized EVA foam midsole gives increased comfort when on your feet due to the thick cushion and shock absorption it provides.
- Designed with Meta Rockers, they allow the shoe flexibility for smooth gait transitions.
- An outsole studded with 4mm traction lugs and an overall pod-like design provides optimum stability in any environment.
By implementing Hoka One One’s signature EVA midsole, these shoes can bring you enhanced cushioning and shock absorption that will keep you comfortable during long shifts.
- Constructed with a single mesh upper and a slim tongue, these shoes are both lightweight and breathable.
- The signature EVA midsole gives you extra-plush cushioning with shock absorption to protect your feet and joints from harsh impacts.
- Enhanced heel-to-toe transition is achieved through the use of Meta Rockers.
Next up on our list is the HOKA ONE ONE Women’s Torrent Shoes for Nurses designed to be used on outdoor trails. They feature an engineered mesh upper construction with added protective overlays around the forefoot for extra protection and durability.
The included Profly midsole is a dual-zone cushion that provides comfort for your heel during impact and an extra responsive springboard-like bounce in toe-off.
These shoes come in four different color combinations and range in sizes from 5 to 10, with some half-sizes available. Although they fall down near the bottom of our list, you can go wrong with this model as a nurse or medical professional.
- The Profly midsole is divided into two different cushion types, with the rear ensuring plush comfort during footfall and the front allowing for an energized takeoff to conserve energy usage.
- An engineered mesh upper combines with protective overlays around the front of the shoe to provide effective protection and increased durability.
- Enhanced traction and stability are made possible with the multi-directional lugs and zonal high-abrasion rubber that stretches along the outsole.
The upper of these shoes are crafted from an updated mesh with high breathability and are overlaid with a 3D print that works to support the feet without adding and additional weight. These shoes offer a wider forefoot that increases the stability of the gait while providing a better fit to those that need more room.
The lightweight midsole provides cushioned support that will take you through long days while also protecting the feet and joints from harsh impacts. These shoes come in six different colors and from sizes 6 to 10.
- A mesh upper provides increased breathability, while the 3d printed overlay offers enhanced support over the whole foot.
- With a wide forefoot design, these shoes are suitable for those that need a wider fit or more room when walking for long periods.
- The lightweight midsole offers extended comfort with extra cushion as well as optimum shock protection.
Lastly, our number seven pick is the HOKA ONE ONE Women’s Gaviota Shoes for Nurses, with their ability to provide cushion and support for the feet.
These shoes feature an engineered mesh that promotes optimal airflow while remaining lightweight on the feet. A molded Ortholite sockliner offers extra comfort with its included cushion and snug fit.
Midfoot stability is increased in these shoes due to the addition of arch-lock wings. The late-stage Meta Rockers found in the Gaviota provides extra stability in the front of the shoe for a smoother transition during toe-off.
Useful for those with excessive overpronation, these shoes offer Hoka One One’s J-Frame technology to provide additional support in the shoe’s inner side with the strategic placement of rubberized foam.
Traction support comes from zonal rubber placement on the Gaviota’s outsole, ensuring consistent stability in any environment. These shoes come in sizes 5 to 10 with some half-sizes, and wide widths are available. There are seven different shades to choose from, including purple with orange and black with pink.
- Formidable arch-lock wings provide midfoot stability, and when combined with the included J-Frame technology, these shoes offer optimum support for those who suffer from an overpronated gait.
- The engineered mesh upper and Ortholite sockliner ensures a breathable, snug fit that will help keep you comfortable throughout your workday.
- The zonal rubber placement on the outsole of these shoes provides traction support and stability in hazardous environments.
How Can Healthcare Workers Protect Their Feet?
There are a few things that healthcare workers can do to protect their feet while on the job. First, make sure to wear shoes that fit well and provide support.
You should also wear socks that are comfortable and won’t cause blisters. Finally, take breaks often to rest your feet and avoid injury.
We mentioned several models made by Hoka that are great for nurses and other healthcare workers due to the support, comfort, and protection they can provide your feet.
Which Hoka Shoe Is Best For Nurses?
The top-recommended Hoka shoes for nurses is the Hoka One One Bondi. This shoe is designed for those who spend long hours on their feet, and it provides ample support to help prevent foot pain.
This model is also comfortable and has a breathable design to keep your feet cool, even during long shifts.
What are the Most Comfortable Shoes for Nurses?
Unfortunately, there isn’t a one-size-fits-all answer to this question. The most comfortable shoes for nurses will vary based on each person’s individual needs and preferences.
However, some of the best options for those who spend long hours on their feet include Hoka models like the Bondi, Clifton, and Rincon. These shoes offer comfort and support as well as a variety of features that can help keep your feet healthy.
Are Hoka Shoes Good for Standing All Day?
Yes, Hoka shoes are a great option for those who spend long hours standing. This brand is known for making some of the best running shoes on the market, and their shoes can also provide comfort and support for those who stand for long periods of time.
Several of the models that were mentioned in this article are perfect for standing all day on the job.
If you’re looking to buy a new pair of shoes to wear at work, you can’t go wrong with a pair of running shoes made by Hoka.
There is a reason marathon runners, nurses, and healthcare professionals alike love this brand – their shoes are comfortable, provide support, and can even help prevent foot pain.
Do you need a shoe that’s lightweight and breathable? Or do you need something with extra cushioning to provide support? Once you’ve answered these questions, you’ll be able to narrow down your options and find the perfect pair of Hoka shoes for your needs.
And if you want to step your foot-health game up even further, you can complement your shoes with a set of high-quality insoles and compression socks. Your feet will greatly appreciate it!
John Landry, BS, RRT
John Landry is a registered respiratory therapist from Memphis, TN, and has a bachelor's degree in kinesiology. He enjoys using evidence-based research to help others breathe easier and live a healthier life.
- “Cushioned Running Shoes and Performance Wear | HOKA ONE ONE®.” HOKA,www.hoka.com/en/us.
- Kulmala, Juha-Pekka, et al. “Running in Highly Cushioned Shoes Increases Leg Stiffness and Amplifies Impact Loading.” National Library of Medicine, Sci Rep, Aug. 2018, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6269547.
- Pollard, Christine D., et al. “Influence of Maximal Running Shoes on Biomechanics Before and After a 5K Run.” National Library of Medicine, Orthop J Sports Med, June 2018, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5992812.