A typical workday as a medical professional usually requires hours of standing, walking, and, sometimes, even running while on the job. This it’s why every nurse and healthcare worker needs a high-quality pair of shoes to keep their feet feeling free.
Hoka is a brand that is commonly worn in the medical field and has been promoted for their ability to provide ultimate levels of comfort and support. In this guide, we’re going to provide you with reviews of the best Hoka shoes for nurses, doctors, respiratory therapists, and healthcare workers.
Hopefully, this will save you time (and money) so that you can get back to focusing on what’s truly important — taking care of your patients. So if you’re ready, let’s get started.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this article are affiliate links which means, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Our Top Recommended Hoka Shoes for Nurses:
1. HOKA ONE ONE Women’s Clifton Running Shoes
2. HOKA ONE ONE Women’s Challenger ATR Sneakers
3. HOKA ONE ONE Women’s Gaviota Shoes for Nurses
4. HOKA ONE ONE Women’s Bondi Shoes for Nurses
5. HOKA ONE ONE Women’s Rincon Running Shoes
6. HOKA ONE ONE Women’s Torrent Shoes for Nurses
7. HOKA ONE ONE Speedgoat Running Shoes
Keep reading for our more detailed reviews of the best Hoka shoes for nurses, Respiratory Therapists, doctors, and other medical professionals. You can learn more about our favorites below.
Best Hoka Shoes for Nurses and Healthcare Workers:
At number one on our list is the lightweight HOKA ONE ONE Women’s Clifton Running Shoes. These shoes feature an upper with reinforced embroidered layers that help to lighten the shoe while also providing extra structural support to the midfoot.
The early-stage Meta Rockers found in the Clifton shoes reduce the height differential between the heel and toe, allowing for a smoother transition and better gait.
A midsole design with full compression EVA foam offers better, sink-in style cushioning and supportive impact protection. The outsole features strategically placed high-abrasion rubber that gives you better stability and traction in ordinary and hazardous environments.
These shoes come in nine different color combinations and range from size 5 to 11. Some sizes come with half sizing and wide width options.
- The reinforced embroidered upper provides increased structural support at the midfoot while also helping to lighten the shoe.
- A full compression EVA foam midsole gives cloud-like cushioning and protective impact protection.
- The strategically placed high-abrasion rubber outsole allows for better traction and stability in any situation.
Our number two pick is the rugged HOKA ONE ONE Women’s Challenger ATR Sneakers. These shoes feature 4mm traction lugs and a pod-like outsole design that works to increase traction and stability in any environment.
The Challenger ATR shoes also include an oversized EVA foam midsole that gives you thick cushion for all-day comfort, increased stability, and premium shock absorption.
With the addition of early-stage Meta Rockers, these shoes work to smooth the heel to toe transition while simultaneously providing a responsive bounce to each step. For extra durability, this shoe’s toe box is designed with a textured TPU reinforcement patch that prevents early breakdown of the area.
These shoes come in a range of sizes, from 6 to 10, with half-size options available. They also come in eight different color choices, from naturals to brighter shades, so you are sure to find one to fit your preferred color pallet.
- The oversized EVA foam midsole gives increased comfort when on your feet due to the thick cushion and shock absorption it provides.
- Designed with Meta Rockers, they allow the shoe flexibility for smooth gait transitions.
- An outsole studded with 4mm traction lugs and an overall pod-like design provides optimum stability in any environment.
Number three on our list is the HOKA ONE ONE Women’s Gaviota Shoes for Nurses, with their ability to provide cushion and support for the feet. These shoes feature an engineered mesh that promotes optimal airflow while remaining lightweight on the feet.
A molded Ortholite sockliner offers extra comfort with its included cushion and snug fit. Midfoot stability is increased in these shoes due to the addition of arch-lock wings. The late-stage Meta Rockers found in the Gaviota provides extra stability in the front of the shoe for a smoother transition during toe-off.
Useful for those with excessive overpronation, these shoes offer Hoka One One’s J-Frame technology to provide additional support in the shoe’s inner side with the strategic placement of rubberized foam.
Traction support comes from zonal rubber placement on the Gaviota’s outsole, ensuring consistent stability in any environment. These shoes come in sizes 5 to 10 with some half-sizes, and wide widths are available. There are seven different shades to choose from, including purple with orange and black with pink.
- Formidable arch-lock wings provide midfoot stability, and when combined with the included J-Frame technology, these shoes offer optimum support for those who suffer from an overpronated gait.
- The engineered mesh upper and Ortholite sockliner ensures a breathable, snug fit that will help keep you comfortable throughout your workday.
- The zonal rubber placement on the outsole of these shoes provides traction support and stability in hazardous environments.
On our list, coming in at number four is the HOKA ONE ONE Women’s Bondi Shoes for Nurses with their wider fit and lightweight design. These shoes feature an upper made from engineered mesh that helps increase the airflow, and this combines well with the supportive lycra framed heel to give you overall comfort and support.
To give you all-day comfort and shock protection, the Bondi shoes are designed with a compression EVA foam midsole that fits the full-length of the sole.
- A combination of an engineered mesh upper with a lycra framed heel promotes breathability and support for long workdays.
- With a compression EVA foam midsole that stretches the shoe’s full length, you are given thick cushioned comfort and shock protection.
- A lightweight rubber outsole enables enhanced stability and traction support in wet or uneven surfaces.
Our number five pick is the HOKA ONE ONE Women’s Rincon Running Shoes. These shoes feature a single mesh upper and a slim tongue design to bring you optimum breathability while remaining lightweight.
By implementing Hoka One One’s signature EVA midsole, these shoes can bring you enhanced cushioning and shock absorption that will keep you comfortable during long shifts.
- Constructed with a single mesh upper and a slim tongue, these shoes are both lightweight and breathable.
- The signature EVA midsole gives you extra-plush cushioning with shock absorption to protect your feet and joints from harsh impacts.
- Enhanced heel-to-toe transition is achieved through the use of Meta Rockers.
Our number 6 pick is the tough HOKA ONE ONE Women’s Torrent Shoes for Nurses designed to be used on outdoor trails. They feature an engineered mesh upper construction with added protective overlays around the forefoot for extra protection and durability.
The included Profly midsole is a dual-zone cushion that provides comfort for your heel during impact and an extra responsive springboard-like bounce in toe-off. With the combination of multi-directional lugs and zonal high-abrasion rubber, the outsole of the Torrent promotes exceptional traction and stability in any environment.
- The Profly midsole is divided into two different cushion types, with the rear ensuring plush comfort during footfall and the front allowing for an energized takeoff to conserve energy usage.
- An engineered mesh upper combines with protective overlays around the front of the shoe to provide effective protection and increased durability.
- Enhanced traction and stability are made possible with the multi-directional lugs and zonal high-abrasion rubber that stretches along the outsole.
Lastly, our number seven pick is the HOKA ONE ONE Speedgoat Running Shoes, named after the HOKA athlete Karl “Speedgoat” Meltzer. The upper of these shoes are crafted from an updated mesh with high breathability and are overlaid with a 3D print that works to support the feet without adding and additional weight.
These shoes offer a wider forefoot that increases the stability of the gait while providing a better fit to those that need more room.
The lightweight midsole provides cushioned support that will take you through long days while also protecting the feet and joints from harsh impacts. These shoes come in six different colors and from sizes 6 to 10.
- A mesh upper provides increased breathability, while the 3d printed overlay offers enhanced support over the whole foot.
- With a wide forefoot design, these shoes are suitable for those that need a wider fit or more room when walking for long periods.
- The lightweight midsole offers extended comfort with extra cushion as well as optimum shock protection.
So now, hopefully, you will be able to choose the best Hoka shoes to fit your needs. Thank you so much for reading and as always, breathe easy my friend.