Unfortunately, nurses and healthcare workers are required to be on their feets for long hours throughout a shift. Because of this, their shoes can and will wear out at a much faster rate than normal.
Finding a high-quality pair of shoes for work can be a challenge, but New Balance provides a few great options for nurses and healthcare workers. Specifically, they can provide the needed comfort and support to keep your feet feeling fresh throughout those long 12-hour shifts.
This guide provides reviews of the best New Balance shoes for nurses and other medical professionals who do a lot of standing. So if you’re ready, let’s get started.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this article are affiliate links which means, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Our Top Recommended New Balance Shoes for Nurses:
1. New Balance Fresh Foam 1080 Shoes for Nurses
2. New Balance Women’s 411 Shoes for Nurses
3. New Balance Women’s FuelCore Nergize Sneakers
4. New Balance Women’s Fresh Foam Roav Sneakers
5. New Balance Women’s Nitrel Running Shoes
6. New Balance Women’s Trail Running Shoes
7. New Balance Women’s 608 Comfort Cross Trainers
Keep reading for our more detailed reviews of the best New Balance shoes for nurses, Respiratory Therapists, doctors, and other medical professionals. You can learn more about our favorites below.
Best New Balance Shoes for Nurses and Healthcare Workers:
Number one on our list is the New Balance Fresh Foam 1080 Shoes for Nurses. These shoes feature a knitted, no-sew upper that gives you increased airflow and lessens the chance of irritation when worn for long periods of time. Coupled with a cushioned, moisture-wicking Ortholite insole, these New Balance Fresh Foam shoes offer the best in comfort and moisture control.
The midsole, crafted out of New Balance’s Fresh Foam cushioning, provides you with an extra spring to your step while supporting and protecting the feet from harsh impacts. These shoes are designed with a contoured heel that hugs the back of the foot, allowing for a better, more supportive fit.
The New Balance Fresh Foam shoes come in a range of sizes, from 5 to 13, with half sizes available as well as narrow, regular, wide, and extra-wide widths. They come in nine color combinations to choose from, ranging from neutral black to fluorescent yellow
- The Fresh Foam midsole offers shock absorption as well as an increased bounce-back with each step.
- An Ortholite insole provides cushion for your feet while wicking moisture away for superior comfort.
- The knitted upper was crafted in one piece for less skin irritation due to seams.
Coming in at number two on our list is the lightweight and reliable New Balance Women’s 411 Shoes for Nurses. Designed as a walking shoe, they include Cush+ midsole cushioning that is both responsive and absorbs the shocks from impacts offering you comfort during long days spent on your feet.
Strategically-placed vents in the leather and mesh upper provide your feet with airflow to cool your feet and keep them dry. These shoes also feature an updated insole that gives you extra cushion for added comfort.
They come in sizes 5 to 12, with half sizes as well as narrow and wide widths available. As a basic walking shoe, these shoes come in black, white, and blue.
- An updated insole gives you extra cushioning that is best for long days spent on your feet.
- The Cush+ midsole offers a springy bounce-back and impact protection for your feet and joints.
- A vented leather and mesh upper cools the feet for added comfort.
Number three on our list is the New Balance Women’s FuelCore Nergize Sneakers. These shoes are designed with a breathable knitted upper around the front of the shoe and low cut suede material on the heel. The easy to wear, bootie style shoe provides you with snug comfort and all-day support from the high-rise collar.
New Balance also incorporated ReVite Technology inside the midsole, which gives your arches proper support and impact protection along your whole foot.
- The high-rise bootie style of these shoes gives you extra support in the ankles while also allowing for a more snug fit around the foot.
- The midsole is infused with Revite Technology that gives you additional support and cushion throughout the day.
- Developed with a lightweight knitted upper gives your feet increased airflow, while the structured suede heel provides extra support.
The unique New Balance Women’s Fresh Foam Roav Sneakers comes in at number four on our list. These shoes feature a knitted mesh upper with a contoured ultra heel design that hugs the back of your feet for a snug, supportive fit. Constructed with a Fresh Foam midsole, New Balance’s Roav sneakers offer extra comfort with added cushion while also protecting the feet from harsh impacts during daily wear.
The included Ndurance rubber outsole provides you with superior traction and extra durability for long time use. A more roomy toebox can also be found in these Roav sneakers, offering extra room for toe movement.
These shoes come in 12 different color combinations to choose from and are available in sizes 5 through 12. Wide widths and half sizes are available if needed.
- Extra cushion and increased impact protection can be found in these shoes due to the included Fresh Foam midsole.
- Designed with a knitted mesh upper and a contoured heel, the shoes provide a more supportive fit for the feet while still allowing airflow.
- The Ndurance rubber outsole offers increased traction in hazardous environments and better durability to hold up to daily wear.
Coming in at number five on our list is the New Balance Women’s Nitrel Running Shoes. These shoes are built with the strength and durability needed for outdoor hiking and trail running. The engineered mesh upper is crafted with no-sew overlays for less irritation and includes strategically placed vents for added breathability.
Optimum responsiveness and comfort is only a footstep away with the DynaSoft midsole comprised in these shoes. A removable EVA insole provides added cushion to reduce the fatigue felt after hours of standing and walking.
- An engineered mesh upper provides lightweight cooling throughout the day.
- The DynaSoft midsole cushions the feet and offers an optimum bounce-back with each step.
- The outsole of this shoe is designed with AT Tread, giving you increased traction and durability.
Number six on our list are the durable and supportive New Balance Women’s Trail Running Shoes. These shoes have a knitted upper that increases the airflow and a sturdy lace closer, ensuring enhanced maneuverability.
The midsole features Cush+ technology that provides cushion to your feet as you walk while also offering protection from shocks.
- These shoes have AT Tread Technology that increases the available traction control and durability.
- Increased airflow from the knitted upper keeps your feet cool and comfortable.
- The Cush+ midsole provides cushioned and responsive support during long days.
Coming in at number seven on our list is the New Balance Women’s 608 Comfort Cross Trainers. These shoes have built-in Abzorb Technology in the midfoot, giving you long-lasting shock absorption on any type of terrain. The New Balance Comfort insoles feature a polyurethane insert that gives you extra cushion with every step you take.
With New Balance’s Dual Density Collar Foam, your ankles are given enhanced support while also keeping your skin protected from irritation.
The upper consists of form-fitting leather and a durable lace closure that provides extra structural support, helping you retain a proper gait. These shoes range from sizes 5 to 12, with half sizes available as well as narrow and wide widths. These New Balance Comfort Shoes come in four color options to choose from.
- The included Abzorb Technology gives your midfoot added shock absorption when on any kind of surface.
- Dual Density Collar Foam Technology prevents pain and irritation around your ankle while stabilizing your foot.
- The polyurethane insert gives you enhanced cushion and durability with each stride.
Hopefully, this list of the best New Balance shoes can make the process much easier for you. Thank you so much for reading and as always, breathe easy my friend.
John Landry, BS, RRT
John Landry is a registered respiratory therapist from Memphis, TN, and has a bachelor's degree in kinesiology. He enjoys using evidence-based research to help others breathe easier and live a healthier life.