Between the heavy workloads and nearly universal staff shortages, being a nurse isn’t easy. Throw in all the supplies you have to remember to keep in arms reach, and you’re probably going to be forgetting a lot and running in and out of rooms.
This is where fanny packs for nurses come in handy, with their durable designs and extensive storage. This guide provides reviews of the absolute best fanny packs and tool belts for nurses and medical professionals that are available on the market today. So if you’re ready, let’s get started.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this article are affiliate links which means, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Our Top Recommended Fanny Packs for Nurses:
Keep reading for our more detailed reviews of the best fanny packs and medical tool belts for nurses, Respiratory Therapists, doctors, and other healthcare professionals. You can learn more about our favorites below.
Best Nurse Fanny Packs and Medical Tool Belts:
Number one on our list today of best fanny packs for nurses is the First Lifesaver 4-in-1 Nurse Fanny Pack. This bag is just roomy enough to carry all your needed supplies without weighing any more than 11.6 ounces.
It can be used in four different ways, including around the waist, over the shoulder, looped onto a bag or belt, or clipped onto your uniform with the included carabiner clip.
It comes with a removable waist strap, a removable shoulder strap, and a removable tape strap for added functionality. The bag features a spacious zippered section that can store larger supplies and your phone, as well as 11 smaller pockets that can fit scissors, pens, penlights, and more.
It also includes a snap loop to secure either keys or scissors to the bag. This bag is made out of water-resistant nylon, so it is easy to wipe down after each shift.
- It can be carried in four distinct ways, including over the shoulder, around the waist, clipped onto your uniform, or looped onto a belt or bag.
- It includes one large zippered pocket and 11 smaller pockets for optimum storage organization.
- Made of lightweight, water-resistant nylon that is easily sanitized and cleaned.
- It also features a removable tape strap and a snap loop for extra storage.
Our number two on the list is the KangaPak Nursing Tool Belt Fanny Pack. This fanny pack comes in a sleek design made out of stretchy, easy to clean microfiber.
It includes nine pockets, three of which are made of mesh, and an updated design features syringe holders in the pockets. Weighing 6.5 ounces, this lightweight bag also features two carabiner loops, with included heart-shaped carabiners and a tape strap.
- It is made of stretchy, lightweight microfiber that is easy to clean and sanitize day after day.
- It features nine different pockets, with dedicated syringe holders in some.
- Includes two carabiner loops and a tape strap for extra functionality.
- The waistband is stretchy and adjustable, so it is easy to find the perfect fit.
- The bag is available in three color choices and only weighs in at 6.5 ounces.
The AsaTechmed Nurse Tool Belt Fanny Pack comes in at number three on our list today with its lightweight design and durable, easy to clean material.
It features six functional pockets, two mesh pockets, and a zipper pocket. The bag also includes a tape holder, a removable carabiner clip, and a completely adjustable belt. It comes in eight different colors to choose from and includes a whole set of nursing supplies.
- It is made out of a durable, easy-to-clean material that weighs 11.7 ounces.
- It comes in eight different shades and features nine functional pockets to store your gear.
- It includes a removable carabiner clip, a tape holder, and a full set of nursing supplies made in the same color as the bag.
- The company includes a satisfaction guaranteed 30-day warranty for ease of mind.
Number four on our list is the Medinava Organizer Tool Belt for Nurses. This nursing belt was designed and developed by a pharmacist that regularly consulted with nurses over the design.
Made out of durable, water-resistant canvas, this belt is easy to keep clean and sanitize shift after shift. It includes six smaller pockets, perfect for pens or thermometers, and a larger, zippered pocket that is perfect for a pager, phone, or stethoscope.
This tool belt has a detachable waist strap that is adjustable to up to 56 inches around and includes a heavy-duty buckle with a quick-release clip.
- The design was created by a healthcare professional for healthcare professionals.
- It is made out of a durable canvas material that is easy to wipe down when soiled.
- The belt includes six smaller pockets and a single large, zippered pocket for secured storage.
- The waist strap is detachable and can expand to up to 56 inches around for a more comfortable fit.
Our number five bag is the SITHON Nurse Fanny Pack with Tape Holder. Made out of durable, lightweight fabric, this bag is easy to clean and adaptable to any situation.
It can be converted to be worn in four different ways, including over the shoulder, around the waist, looped through a belt, or clipped onto your uniform with a carabiner clip. What more could a nurse ask for when looking for a medical fanny pack?
- This bag can be converted into four different carrying styles with the three removable straps it comes with.
- It is made out of a durable, easy to clean fabric that is lightweight and has purple or black color choices.
- There are ten functional outer pockets on the bag and a larger zippered pocket for a phone, a mini-tablet, or any other large supply.
- It also features a reflective tape strap, a snap loop on the side, and a forward-facing id holder.
The Medical Basics Nurse Fanny Pack Belt comes in at number six with its durable, water-resistant fabric and extra strong velcro closures.
This bag includes a large 10″ rear pocket, two 6″ pockets, four 3″ pockets, a 7″ velcro pouch pocket, and six pen pockets. It also features a removable tape strap, a velcro stethoscope holder, and a heavy-duty buckle on the belt. The waist strap is adjustable to fit from 34″ to 48″, and the material of the bag will soften over time without losing any structural integrity.
- It is made out of water-resistant fabric that is durable and easy to clean and sanitize.
- Strong velcro closures are included in the stethoscope holder and two pockets.
- It features 14 pockets total, including six pen pockets, two larger pockets, four medium-sized pockets, and a front pouch.
- The waist strap features a quick-release, heavy-duty clip that is adjustable from 34″ up to 48″.
The last on our list, number seven, is the Endeavor Medical Fanny Pack for Nurses. This bag is made out of a lightweight, washable material that is resistant to tear and moisture.
It comes in a navy blue color that will match most uniforms, with black lining, straps, and zippers. The adjustable waist strap can fit up to 38″ around and holds secure for comfortable all-day wear.
- With its durable and easy to care for fabric, this bag will hold up to the stress of long shifts.
- It comes in a unisex, easy to match with color pallet of navy blue and black.
- The heavy-duty waist strap can be adjusted up to 38″ around for comfortable all-day wear.
- It features 14 different pockets, a velcro stethoscope holder, and a removable tape strap.
How to Find the Best Nurse Fanny Pack?
In order to find the best nurse fanny pack, you should keep in mind how many supplies you plan to store, what supplies are the most important, and how you plan to wear the bag.
While typical fanny packs are worn around the waist, and nurse’s storage belts are no different, some do come with convertible straps that can be rearranged to suit you.
Hopefully, you can use this guide to select the best medical fanny pack to fit your needs. Thank you so much for reading and as always, breathe easy my friend.