Having flat feet has been known to be a problem for nurses and healthcare workers in the medical field. That is because being required to stand on your feet for long hours only makes matters worse over time.
As a nurse or medical professional, if you’re wearing shoes without proper supports, you’re only asking for trouble. I know that it can be difficult to find the right shoes. That is why we created this guide to help you find the absolute best shoes for nurses with flat feet.
With that said, it also applies to anyone who works in the medical field as well. So, if you’re ready, let’s get started.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this article are affiliate links which means, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Our Top Recommended Shoes for Nurses with Flat Feet:
1. Dansko Women’s Professional Clogs
2. On Cloud Sneakers for Flat-footed Nurses
3. HOKA ONE ONE Women’s Clifton Running Shoes
4. Alegria Women’s Keli Professional Clogs
5. Gravity Defyer Mighty Walk Shoes for Flat Feet
6. Ryka Devotion Plus Shoes for Flat-footed Nurses
7. Skechers Healthcare Flex Professional Shoes
Keep reading for our more detailed reviews of the best shoes for flat-footed nurses, Respiratory Therapists, doctors, and other healthcare workers with flat feet. You can learn more about our favorites below.
Best Shoes for Nurses and Medical Professionals with Flat Feet:
Often hailed as a favorite of nurses, the Dansko Women’s Professional Clogs offers you the support and cushion you need to get you through your long shifts. The arch-support found in these clogs can hold up to the daily wear and tear that will be put on them without breaking down, continuing to give you support long after other shoes have failed.
With their wider than average heel strike, your feet will be protected and stable throughout your shift. These clogs are crafted with polyurethane soles, allowing for a lighter ride that reduces the overall pressure on your feet.
The featured rocker bottom on these clogs enhances your gait and propels you forward to reduce the energy needed when walking.
The Dansko Women’s Professional Clogs are available in a large variety of colors and patterns, so you are certain to find the best one to fit your style. Sizes for these shoes run from 4.5 to 13, with some narrow and wide-width options.
- Enhanced arch-support that won’t break down after extended use.
- The polyurethane soles give the shoes a lighter feel on foot, reducing overall pressure.
- A rocker-style construction with these shoes gives you forward momentum that reduces the amount of energy you use while walking.
The funky design of the On Cloud Sneakers for Flat-footed Nurses sets it apart from other potential work shoes. The CloudTec sole is molded into 16 different rubber pods made out of zero-gravity foam for a lightweight, cushioned ride. These pods are attached to a Speedboard, which transitions the energy used on impact to propel you forward on your next step.
Deep flex grooves found between each pod on the sole allow for optimal range of motion by ensuring each pod can move separately. A removable, dual-density insole works alongside the molded heel to give you a superior fit and comfort during your long workdays.
The upper of these shoes is crafted out of an antimicrobial mesh fabric that makes for excellent breathability and prevents bacteria from forming. These shoes come in 11 different color combinations and range from size 5 to 12, with half-size options available.
- The Speedboard evenly distributes energy around the shoe for the best transition on each step.
- Zero-gravity foam pods line the shoe’s sole, providing traction, cushion, and stability during your day.
- An antimicrobial mesh upper increases airflow through the shoe for a cool and comfortable ride.
Soothing and supportive, the HOKA ONE ONE Women’s Clifton Running Shoes provide you with the cushion and durability you need from a daily work shoe. Featuring a full-compression EVA foam midsole, these shoes allow for optimal impact protection and all-day comfort. The inclusion of meta-rockers helps to propel you forward with each step while ensuring you a smooth ride.
Designed to make full ground contact, these shoes enable increased stability and comfort while working with the slight heel bevel for enhanced transitions. The HOKA ONE ONE Women’s Clifton Running Shoes has an engineered mesh upper with a lightweight gusset that prevents excessive movement in the tongue.
These shoes range in sizes 5.5 to 11 with half sizes and wide widths options available. They come in nine different color combinations to choose from, so you are sure to find the perfect color to suit your work style.
- Meta-rockers enable forward progression and propulsion with each step.
- A heel bevel and full ground contact work together to increase stability and enhance transitions.
- An EVA foam midsole with full-compression provides impact protection and cushioned comfort for long days.
Our next pick is accepted by the American Podiatric Medical Association due to its ability to promote good foot health. The Alegria Women’s Keli Professional Clogs are crafted in a traditional design with hand-stitched leather lining and a coating applied to the upper that makes it stain-resistant. The insole is covered in suede-like leather for a breathable and comfortable ride. These clogs come with a removable footbed made out of a combination of cork, memory foam, and polyurethane for a molded, comfortable fit.
- A stain-resistant upper made out of hand-stitched leather makes these shoes easy to keep clean and durable.
- The suede-like leather insole, combined with the removable footbed, ensures a comfortable and breathable ride.
- Extra padding found around the heel collar enables slip prevention and a snug fit.
The patent technology found in our next pick decreases the pain of the feet, back, and joints by up to 92%. The Gravity Defyer Mighty Walk Shoes for Flat Feet comes in a lightweight and sleek design that can give up to eight hours of comfort. They feature VersoShock technology in their heel, which protects against harsh impacts while reducing pain and propelling you forward throughout your day.
Crafted out of durable mesh fabric, these shoes allow for complete breathability and cooling comfort. The inclusion of a wider toe box gives you extra room to stretch your toes and enables proper circulation.
A removable orthotic insole is included with these shoes, providing you with extra soft cushioning and an antimicrobial lining. A range of six color options is available to choose from, and sizes are from 6 to 11, with half sizes and wide widths available if needed.
- The patent VersoShock technology pads your heels for protection and pain from impacts for up to eight hours.
- A breathable mesh fabric upper allows optimal airflow and breathability to keep you cool and comfortable throughout your day.
- An included orthotic insole helps to rebalance your feet and gait while providing extra cushion.
If you have trouble keeping your feet stable in your shoes, then our next pick is for you. The Ryka Devotion Plus Shoes for Flat-footed Nurses features an anatomical precise-return footbed that cushions the feet and helps prevent excessive movement in the shoe. This definitely comes in handy during those long hospital shifts.
The midsole is crafted from EVA foam with a full-length RE-ZORB layer that protects the feet and joints from harsh impacts while redistributing your weight across the whole shoe. A skeletal rubber outsole is engineered with 11 raised rubber pods to enhance shock absorption while keeping you steady in slick or wet areas.
There are 28 different color combinations, from neutrals such as black and grey to brighter, poppy colors such as pink and purple. These shoes are available from size 5 to size 12, with half sizes and wide width options available.
- An anatomical precise-return footbed cradles the foot, providing extra cushion while keeping the foot in place within the shoe.
- The EVA foam midsole includes a RE-ZORB layer that protects the feet from harsh impacts.
- A rubberized outsole with raised pods increases traction and gives another layer of shock absorption.
For ultimate protection and easy cleanup, the Skechers Healthcare Flex Professional Shoes are the way to go. These shoes come with a rubber traction outsole, providing slip-resistance in even the slickest of environments. The upper is treated with Scotchgard protectant and is water and stain-resistant, so it is easy to keep your shoes clean and professional looking.
The midsole features a dual-density construction that provides superior arch support while protecting the feet from debilitating shocks and impacts. An air-cooled memory foam insole allows for day-long cooling comfort for tired and sore feet.
These shoes have six different colors from which to choose and are available from size 5.5 to size 10. Some half sizes and wide width options are also available if needed.
- Slip-resistant design due to rubber outsole design.
- Dual-density midsole design provides arch support and shock absorption for the ultimate protection.
- The insoles are made out of air-cooled memory foam for a cooling cushioned ride.
Like we mentioned before, hopefully, this guide can help you find the right shoes to fit your needs. And, of course, this is especially true for nurses and healthcare workers with flat feet. Thank you so much for reading and as always, breathe easy my friend.