With all that use, the stethoscope can get worn down and be more liable to break. Considering how expensive a good stethoscope is its probably best to keep it in pristine condition for as long as possible. This is where stethoscope covers come in.
While they may not be appropriate in every setting, they are extremely helpful in protecting your stethoscope when they can be used. Below are seven of the most stylish and overall best stethoscope covers on the market today.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this article are affiliate links which means, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Our Top Recommended Stethoscope Covers:
1. Twisted 2 Perfection Handmade Skulls Stethoscope Cover
2. Sparkling EARTH Heartbeats Stethoscope Cover
3. PediaPals Dino Plush Stethoscope Cover
4. Annabel’s New York Giants Stethoscope Cover
5. LongXTX Handmade Pattern Stethoscope Cover
6. PediaPals Lion Plush Stethoscope Cover
7. Twisted 2 Perfection Handmade Butterflies Stethoscope Cover
Keep reading for our more detailed reviews of the best stethoscope covers for nurses, Respiratory Therapists, doctors, and other medical professionals. You can learn more about our favorites below.
Best Stethoscope Covers for Medical Professionals:
Our number one choice of stethoscope covers is the edgy Twisted 2 Perfection Handmade Skulls Stethoscope Cover. This funky sugar skull design is made out of 100% cotton with an elastic bottom that can slip over the bell of your stethoscope.
This cover was handmade in the United States and measures out to being 3 inches wide and 27 inches in length. It has a snap closure at the top, effectively protecting the stethoscope tubing and giving it a scrunchy look to it.
- It is made out of 100% cotton, making it much more comfortable to wear all shift.
- The fabric is durable and machine washable so that you can just throw it in with your work clothes and disinfect it.
- With a snap at the top and an elastic at the bottom, this ensures a good fit that will be held in place.
The second cover on our list is the dark navy Sparkling EARTH Heartbeats Stethoscope Cover. With a heart and heartbeat monitor pattern, this cover was designed by healthcare workers for healthcare workers.
This cover has an opening in the bottom and the top with a hook and loop fastener on both ends. Its unique design comes with a 2-way pocket and utility strap that has the same hook and loop closure as the ends. A secondary pocket is available to store the bell of your stethoscope when it is not in use.
- Adds an extra pocket to your work uniform with its 2-way pocket, which is perfect for keeping alcohol packets and extra pens in.
- A utility strap that can be unhooked and threaded with spare tape or scissors and then secured back, giving you more space to hold your equipment.
- A pocket made specifically for you to store your bell in when it’s not in use.
- A unisex design that is both minimalist and eye-catching.
Coming in at number three on our list is the adorable PediaPals Dino Plush Stethoscope Cover. A customized green stegosaurus cover, which is sure to delight and entertain younger patients while also helping to ease their fears and worries of being in a medical setting. It is made of soft, velvety cotton making it comfortable when it is draped around your neck all shift. This has a longer length than some other covers, making it perfect for protecting the bell and chest piece when you put it away for the day. It measures out to be 3 inches in width and 25 inches in length.
- The cute, standout design is perfect for healthcare workers interacting with younger patients, or those who want to add a little quirkiness to their work uniform.
- Made of soft cotton, it helps protect your stethoscope when it is in storage or in use.
- The length can help protect the bottom of the stethoscope when it is not being used.
Any Giants fan will love our number four pick which is none other than the Annabel’s New York Giants Stethoscope Cover. This cover is made in a wide but shorter style, good for a stethoscope that is shorter than a typical one. It measures 2.5 inches wide and 21 inches in length.
This cover snaps together at the top and has an elastic band sitting at the bottom, securing the cover in place. It is made out of a durable, machine washable fabric that can withstand a lot of use. This football stethoscope cover is also sure to start many colorful conversations when worn depending on the others team affiliation.
- The pattern is perfect for football enthusiasts and fans of the New York Giants.
- A nice unisex design.
- Handmade out of officially licensed,100% cotton fabric.
- It has snaps at the top to secure the cover in place and prevents excessive movement with the bottom elastic.
A cute pink and blue cover holds the number five spot with the LongXTX Handmade Pattern Stethoscope Cover. This bright cover makes it easy to find in a dark bag or when it is thrown in your car.
It has snap closures at the top to safely secure it to your stethoscope. This cover is handmade in the United States and the fabric is machine washable. The elastic at the bottom of the cover helps it bunch up in a fashionable scrunchy style when it is in place.
- A bright and vivid design makes it nearly impossible to lose your stethoscope in your bag, car, or home.
- It has a durable, machine washable fabric for easy cleaning and disinfecting.
- A scrunchy style for the healthcare workers that want to bring a bit of their boho style to their work uniform.
Our number six cover is ideal for animal lovers and those that work with children. The PediaPals Lion Plush Stethoscope Cover is made out of a soft cotton material with a fluffy mane circling its head. I mean, does it get any cooler than this? I think not.
The longer length of the cover provides extra protection for the bell when the stethoscope is put away for the day. And of course, it’s entertaining for not only kids, but for adults as well.
- The cute lion design is great for those working with kids and can help put them at ease in a stressful medical setting.
- Made of plush cotton for optimized protection of your equipment.
- Machine washable and durable to last through many work days and many disinfecting cycles.
Our final cover, at number seven, is the Twisted 2 Perfection Handmade Butterflies Stethoscope Cover. This is a more subdued design for those that don’t want all the bright pizzaz of the other covers.
A beautiful, dark, multicolor butterfly design is sure to match with most work uniforms. It comes with a simple snap closure on the top and an elastic bottom that helps keep the cover in place. This cover is handmade in the United States.
- Its low-key design is great for nurses whole don’t necessarily want to stand out, but still want a beautiful and unique cover.
- Handmade out of 100% cotton fabric with a snap closure and an elastic bottom.
- A durable fabric that you can machine wash along with your other workwear.
Why Use a Stethoscope Cover?
Alongside that, after work when you throw it in your nursing bag or hook it over your car mirror the tight bending and binding of the tubing can wear the material down faster. If the stethoscope tubing is covered, it will prevent a lot of that wear and tear from happening.
What is the Best Stethoscope for Medical Professionals?
Our top recommended stethoscope is none other that the 3M Littmann Classic III Stethoscope. When it comes to getting the best quality for a reasonable price, this is definitely the best option.
Check out the link below to check the latest prices and promotions.
This stethoscope is our favorite best it offers the highest quality at an affordable rate.
These are all of the best stethoscope covers available for sale, online, right now. All of these covers will provide both your equipment and your skin with the protection it deserves from extensive use.
As a general rule of thumb when it comes to healthcare jobs, it is best if you have at least two stethoscope covers, if not more. Having multiple covers makes it so that even when you have to wash one, you still have a different one that can be used.
Overall, it is your personal style and aesthetic that is the main determiner of which cover would be the best for you. With healthcare worker’s uniforms being pretty plain nowadays, it is nice to be able to add a little bit of your personal style to your everyday workwear.