Bronchiectasis is a chronic respiratory condition that affects the bronchi, or the airways of the lungs. It causes the bronchi to become permanently dilated, leading to recurrent infections and difficulty breathing.
In this article, we’ll explore some of the best quotes about bronchiectasis to gain insight into this condition and its impact on those who live with it.
From the words of medical professionals to those of patients themselves, these quotes will offer a unique perspective on the challenges and triumphs of living with bronchiectasis. So, take a deep breath, and let’s dive in.
Best Quotes About Bronchiectasis:
1. Even with our differences, we all share a need to break the cycle of mucus production, inflammation, infection, and bronchiectasis disease progression. – Linda Esposito
2. Bronchiectasis is not a death sentence, but it is a life sentence. It’s a chronic disease that requires a lifetime of care. – Dr. Peter Gibson
3. Bronchiectasis is a hidden disease, invisible to the outside world but all-consuming to those who live with it. – Sarah Jenkins
4. Bronchiectasis is a journey, not a destination. It’s about learning to live with the disease, not just survive it. – Mich Murrell
5. Bronchiectasis is not just a physical disease, it’s a mental and emotional one too. It affects not just the person with the disease, but their entire family. – Hunter Manning
6. Bronchiectasis is an ongoing battle, but with the right treatment and support, it can be a battle worth fighting. – Phillip Martin
7. Bronchiectasis may be a chronic condition, but it doesn’t have to define who we are or limit what we can do. – Sam Martin
8. Bronchiectasis can be isolating, but it’s important to remember that we are not alone in this fight. – Mario Martinez
9. Bronchiectasis may be a storm in my lungs, but it can’t dampen my spirit. – Meredith Willingham
10. Bronchiectasis may be a chronic condition, but it doesn’t have to be a silent one. We must speak up and advocate for ourselves and others living with this condition. – Peter Giovanisci
11. Bronchiectasis is a chronic lung condition that affects the the airways in the lungs.
12. It’s characterized by the permanent dilation or widening of the bronchi, which leads to recurrent infections and difficulty breathing.
13. The primary causes of bronchiectasis are cystic fibrosis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and primary ciliary dyskinesia (PCD).
14. Bronchiectasis can also be caused by exposure to certain toxins or infections, such as tuberculosis or pneumonia.
15. Symptoms of bronchiectasis include chronic cough, expectoration of large amounts of mucus, chest pain, and shortness of breath.
16. Treatment for bronchiectasis typically includes antibiotics, bronchodilators, and physical therapy to help clear mucus from the lungs.
17. Early diagnosis and treatment can help to slow the progression of the disease and improve the quality of life for those living with bronchiectasis.
18. I’m breathing, and trust me, that’s a huge accomplishment. – Unknown
19. Your struggles with emphysema today are helping you develop the strength you need for tomorrow. – John Landry
20. Bronchiectasis is a serious chronic condition, but it does not define the person whom it affects. – Brant Reader
21. You are more than your lung disease. – John Landry
22. You can and will be able to make a significant difference in the quality of your life if you make the commitment to take an active role in managing your disease. – Teri Allen
23. It’s time for you to win the daily fight for air. – Elizabeth Moffett
24. It’s important to educate yourself now versus later. Knowledge is power, and having all the knowledge at the start will make the rest of the journey that much easier to deal with. – Unknown
25. Bronchiectasis is like an iceberg because what you see is only the tip of what’s really going on. – Unknown
26. The way to keep moving forward is to talk to others living with the same condition. – Unknown
27. The only way to truly understand bronchiectasis is to live with it. – Unknown
28. Bronchiectasis is not a death sentence; it’s a life sentence. It’s a constant battle but one that is worth fighting. – Unknown
29. Bronchiectasis is a disease that gradually takes away your ability to breathe. It’s a constant reminder that every breath is precious. – Unknown
30. Bronchiectasis is not a sprint; it’s a marathon. It requires patience, determination, and a strong will. – Unknown
31. Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. – Maya Angelou
32. The older I get, the more I lose my ability to breathe. – David Levithan
33. Fear less, hope more; eat less, chew more; whine less, breathe more; talk less, say more; hate less, love more; and all good things are yours. – Swedish Proverb
34. The wisest one-word sentence? Breathe. – Terri Guillemets
35. Breathing is the greatest pleasure in life. – Giovanni Papini
36. Bronchiectasis is a reminder that health is not something to take for granted. – Unknown
37. Bronchiectasis is a reminder that the things we take for granted, like breathing, are actually a gift. – Unknown
38. Breathe easy. – Unknown
39. Just because you can’t see the air doesn’t mean you stop breathing, and just because you can’t see God doesn’t mean you stop believing. – Unknown
40. Breathing is meditation; life is a meditation. You have to breathe in order to live, so breathing is how you get in touch with the sacred space of your heart. – Willow Smith
41. Let the air become you, and then leave you. Forgive each breath because although it abandons you, every single time, it also brings you life. A man who cannot forgive the air has no chance of living. – Edmond Manning
42. It is not the strength of the body that counts, but the strength of the spirit. – J.R.R. Tolkien
43. Inhale the future, exhale the past. – Unknown
44. Just breathing can be such a luxury at times. – Unknown
45. The question is not how to get cured, but how to live. – Joseph Conrad
46. The more you breathe, the more you feel. – Isabel Losada
47. Breathe deeply, until sweet air extinguishes the burn of fear in your lungs and every breath is a beautiful refusal to become anything less than infinite. – D. Antoinette Foy
48. Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure. – Oprah Winfrey
49. When the breath is unsteady, all is unsteady; when the breath is still; all is still. Control the breath carefully. Inhalation gives strength and a controlled body; retention gives steadiness of mind and longevity; exhalation purifies body and spirit. – Goraksasathakam
50. Without full awareness of breathing, there can be no development of meditative stability and understanding. – Thich Nhat Hanh
51. What can we do but keep on breathing in and out, modest and willing, and in our places? – Mary Oliver
52. Life isn’t measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. – Unknown
53. Breathing well means breathing more slowly and deeply. Relax, feel your breathing, and breathe comfortably. Once aware, it naturally becomes deeper and slower. – Ilchi Lee
54. Pause, breathe. Repair the universe, then proceed. – Unknown
55. Despite the challenges I faced, I refused to let bronchiectasis defeat me. – Lori Rancher
56. Focusing on the act of breathing clears the mind of all daily distractions and clears our energy enabling us to better connect with the Spirit within. – Unknown
57. I was diagnosed late with cystic fibrosis. When I found out I had bronchiectasis on top of that, I was crushed. However, nine years later, my health is as good as it can be, and I’ve learned the value of fighting back. – Marieliz Landa
58. The one thing I knew was that I needed to get healthier, and I was not prepared to give up without a fight. – Marieliz Landa
59. Cherish every breath and appreciate the small things in life. – Lynn Russell
60. I felt hopeless and helpless. But I learned to live with my condition. – Louise Marcello
61. I know that with the right treatment and support, I can lead a fulfilling life. – Nikki Suitor
62. Learn to appreciate the doctors, nurses, and therapists who help you through your journey, as well as support from your family and friends. – Dixie Reeder
63. We too should make ourselves empty, that the great soul of the universe may fill us with its breath. – Laurence Binyon
64. Spiritual breathing teaches us that we are all connected in love. – Dan Brule
65. Who will tell whether one happy moment of love or the joy of breathing or walking on a bright morning and smelling the fresh air, is not worth all the suffering and effort which life implies. – Erich Fromm
66. Breathing affects your respiratory, cardiovascular, neurological, gastrointestinal, muscular, and psychic systems, and also has a general effect on your sleep, memory, ability to concentrate, and your energy levels. – Donna Farhi
67. Find encouragement and inspiration from others who are going through similar experiences with this condition. – Joseph Crawford
68. There is one way of breathing that is shameful and constricted. Then there’s another way; a breath of love that takes you all the way to infinity. – Rumi
69. The key to bronchiectasis is early diagnosis.
70. Bronchiectasis may be a challenge, but it’s also an opportunity to grow stronger and more resilient. – Amanda Smith
71. Bronchiectasis may limit my physical capabilities, but it can’t limit my dreams and aspirations. – Marshall Dawson
72. or breath is life, and if you breathe well you will live long on earth. – Sanskrit Proverb
More Medical Quotes
We have similar articles that cover motivational quotes about other medical topics that I think you will enjoy. This includes the following:
- Quotes About Breathing
- Quotes About Asthma
- Quotes About COPD
- Quotes About Cystic Fibrosis
- Quotes About Pneumonia
- Quotes About Emphysema
- Quotes About Lung Cancer
- Quotes About a Heart Attack
- Quotes About Congestive Heart Failure
- Quotes About Hypertension
- Quotes About Guillain-Barre Syndrome
- Quotes About Myasthenia Gravis
- Quotes About Diabetes
- Quotes About Sleep Apnea
- Quotes About Alzheimer’s Disease
- Quotes About Tuberculosis
- Quotes for Respiratory Therapists
As mentioned above, “bronchiectasis is a serious chronic condition, but it does not define the person whom it affects.”
Hopefully, the quotes compiled in this article can provide encouragement and inspiration for anyone affected by this condition.
Whether you are living with bronchiectasis yourself or know someone who is, these quotes can provide comfort, motivation, and hope. Thanks for reading, and, as always, breathe easy, my friend.
John Landry, BS, RRT
John Landry is a registered respiratory therapist from Memphis, TN, and has a bachelor's degree in kinesiology. He enjoys using evidence-based research to help others breathe easier and live a healthier life.
- The gifted authors of these amazing quotes about bronchiectasis were credited throughout the article at the end of each quote.