LAST REVISED: October 5, 2020
We Believe in Full Disclosure and Transparency.
Given this, we want you to know that there may occasionally be products or services offered on respiratorytherapyzone.com from which we receive a commission if you make a purchase. We will indicate this is the case in the area where the product or service is mentioned. Advertising may also be sold on the site, as well as sponsorships. In such cases, we will disclose that this is the case.
If you have any questions regarding the above, please do not hesitate to contact us by using the contact page. It can be accessed in the menu at the top of this page.
We at Respiratorytherapyzone.com are not doctors or professors. We are fortunate and thankful to have such great resources and publications to reference for our content.
We like to give credit where credit is due and our great references can be found below:
1. AARC Clinical Practice Guidelines, (2002-2019) Respirator Care. www.aarc.org.
2. Egan’s Fundamentals of Respiratory Care. 11th ed., Mosby, 2016.
3. Clinical Application of Mechanical Ventilation. 4th ed., Cengage Learning, 2013.
4. Pilbeam’s Mechanical Ventilation: Physiological and Clinical Applications. 6th ed., Mosby, 2015.
5. Faarc, Cairo J. PhD Rrt. Mosby’s Respiratory Care Equipment. 10th ed., Mosby, 2017.
6. Faarc, Gardenhire Douglas EdD Rrt-Nps. Rau’s Respiratory Care Pharmacology. 10th ed., Mosby, 2019.
7. Faarc, Heuer Al PhD Mba Rrt Rpft. Wilkins’ Clinical Assessment in Respiratory Care. 8th ed., Mosby, 2017.
8. Jardins, Des Terry. Cardiopulmonary Anatomy & Physiology: Essentials of Respiratory Care. 7th ed., Cengage Learning, 2019.
9. Rrt, Des Terry Jardins MEd, and Burton George Md Facp Fccp Faarc. Clinical Manifestations and Assessment of Respiratory Disease. 8th ed., Mosby, 2019.
10. Faarc, Mottram Carl Ba Rrt Rpft. Ruppel’s Manual of Pulmonary Function Testing. 11th ed., Mosby, 2017.
11. Faarc, Walsh Brian Rrt-Nps Accs. Neonatal and Pediatric Respiratory Care. 5th ed., Saunders, 2018.
Medical Information Disclaimer
First and foremost, we (as www.respiratorytherapyzone.com) are not a doctors. This blog, courses, and all books and other materials not mentioned produced by respiratorytherapyzone.com are for informational and entertainment purposes only and should not be used to make clinical judgments.
Sound judgment and adherence to clinical and institutional standards should be practiced at all time with regards to patient care. Respiratorytherapyzone.com is not responsible in any way for the use of this information under any circumstance, medical or otherwise.
The use of this blog and any content produced therein or otherwise by respiratorytherapyzone.com indicates acceptance of these terms and respiratorytherapyzone.com accepts no responsibility.
1.1 This document was created using a template from SEQ Legal(http://www.seqlegal.com).
2.1 Respiratorytherapyzone.com contains general medical information.
2.2 The medical information is not advice and should not be treated as such.
3.1 The medical information on respiratorytherapyzone.com is provided without any representations or warranties, express or implied.
3.2 Without limiting the scope of Section 3.1, we do not warrant or represent that the medical information on this website:
(a) will be constantly available, or available at all; or
(b) is true, accurate, complete, current or non-misleading.
4.1 You must not rely on the information on respiratorytherapyzone.com as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider.
4.2 If you have any specific questions about any medical matter, you should consult your doctor or other professional healthcare provider.
4.3 If you think you may be suffering from any medical condition, you should seek immediate medical attention.
4.4 You should never delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice or discontinue medical treatment because of information on respiratorytherapyzone.com.
5.1 Respiratorytherapyzone.com includes interactive features that allow users to communicate with us.
5.2 You acknowledge that, because of the limited nature of communication through respiratorytherapyzone.com’s interactive features, any assistance you may receive using any such features is likely to be incomplete and may even be misleading.
5.3 Any assistance you may receive using any respiratorytherapyzone.com’s interactive features does not constitute specific advice and accordingly should not be relied upon without further independent confirmation.
Limits upon exclusions of liability
6.1 Nothing in this disclaimer will:
(a) limit or exclude any liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
(b) limit or exclude any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
(c) limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
(d) exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
Medicine and respiratory therapy are continuously changing practice. The author and publisher have reviewed all information on respiratorytherapyzone.com with resources believed to be reliable and accurate and have made every effort to provide information that is up to date with best practices at the time of publication.
Despite our best efforts we cannot disregard the possibility of human error and continual changes in best practices the author, publisher, and any other party involved in the production of this work can warrant that the information contained herein is complete or fully accurate.
The author, publisher, and all other parties involved in this work disclaim all responsibility from any errors contained within this work and from the results from the use of this information. Readers are encouraged to check all information on respiratorytherapyzone.com with institutional guidelines, other sources, and up to date information.
This disclaimer applies to all works by respiratorytherapyzone.com including but not limited to YouTube videos, podcasts, books, ebooks, and all other media, blog, written material, or any other works produced by stated parties.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others just as we expect others to respect our rights. Pursuant to Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c), a copyright owner or their agent may submit a takedown notice to us via our DMCA Agent listed below. As an internet service provider, we are entitled to claim immunity from said infringement claims pursuant to the “safe harbor” provisions of the DMCA.
To submit a good faith infringement claim to us, you must submit notice to us that sets forth the following information:
Notice of Infringement – Claim
1. An electronic signature of the copyright owner (or someone authorized to act on behalf of the owner);
2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
3. Identification of the infringing material to be removed, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material. [Please submit the URL of the page in question to assist us in identifying the allegedly offending work];
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party including your name, physical address, email address, phone number and fax number;
5. A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that the use of the material is unauthorized by the copyright agent; and
6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Title 17 USC §512(f) provides civil damage penalties, including costs and attorney fees, against any person who knowingly and materially misrepresents certain information in a notification of infringement under 17 USC §512(c)(3).
Send all takedown notices to our DMCA Agent listed below. Please send by email for prompt attention.
Contact our email: contact (at)
Please note that we may share the identity and information in any copyright infringement claim we receive with the alleged infringer. In submitting a claim, you understand accept and agree that your identity and claim may be communicated to the alleged infringer.
Counter Notification – Restoration of Material
If you have received a notice of material being takedown because of a copyright infringement claim, you may provide us with a counter notification in an effort to have the material in question restored to the site. Said notification must be given in writing to our DMCA Agent and must contain substantially the following elements pursuant to 17 USC Section 512(g)(3):
1. Your physical or electronic signature.
2. A description of the material that has been taken down and the original location of the material before it was taken down.
3. A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
4. Your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal district court for the judicial district in which the address is located (or if you are outside of the United States, that you consent to jurisdiction of any judicial district in which the service provider may be found), and that the you will accept service of process from the person or company who provided the original infringement notification.
5. Send your counter notice. Email is highly recommended.
Contact our email: contact (at)
Repeat Infringer Policy
We take copyright infringement very seriously. Pursuant to the repeat infringer policy requirements of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we maintain a list of DMCA notices from copyright holders and make a good faith effort to identify any repeat infringers.
Those that violate our internal repeat infringer policy will have their accounts terminated.
We reserve the right to modify the contents of this page and its policy for handling DMCA claims at any time for any reason. You are encouraged to check back to review this policy frequently for any changes.
4. MINIMUM AGE. You must be at least 18 years old to access and participate on this site. You guarantee and warrant you are at least 18 years old and are able to enter into this Agreement from a legal perspective.
5. EBOOK SIGNUPS AND MAILINGS. You have the option, but not obligation, to sign up and receive a free eBook and additional resources from us. Should you do so, you are agreeing to receive further
7. USE OF SOFTWARE. Company may make certain software available to you from the Site. If you download software from the Site, the software, including all files and images contained in or generated by the software, and accompanying data (collectively, “Software”) are deemed to be licensed to you by Company, for your personal, noncommercial, home use only. Company does not transfer either the title or the intellectual property rights to the Software, and Company retains full and complete title to the Software as well as all intellectual property rights therein. You may not sell, redistribute, or reproduce the Software, nor may you decompile, reverse-engineer, disassemble, or otherwise convert the Software to a human-perceivable form. All trademarks and logos are owned by Company or its licensors and you may not copy or use them in any manner.
8. USER CONTENT. By posting, downloading, displaying, performing, transmitting, or otherwise distributing information or other content (“User Content”) to the site, you are granting Company, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives a permanent, non-exclusive license to use User Content in connection with the operation of the Internet businesses of Company, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives, including without limitation, a right to copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate, and reformat User Content. You will not be compensated for any User Content. You agree that Company may publish or otherwise disclose your name in connection with your User Content. By posting User Content on the site, you warrant and represent that you own the rights to the User Content or are otherwise authorized to post, distribute, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute User Content.
9. COMPLIANCE WITH INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAWS. When accessing the site, you agree to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the site is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute any information or content (collectively, “Content”) in violation of any third party’s copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property, and you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for any infringements of third party rights caused by any Content you provide or transmit, or that is provided or transmitted using your User ID. The burden of proving that any Content does not violate any laws or third party rights rests solely with you. All Digital Millennium Copyright Act matters are processed pursuant to our DMCA Policy, which you may access via the DMCA link at the bottom of the page.
10. INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute any Content that (a) is libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, or threatening; (b) advocates or encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national, or foreign law or regulation; (c) advertises or otherwise solicits funds or is a solicitation for goods or services; or (d) provides medical advice to other users. Company reserves the right to terminate your receipt, transmission, or other distribution of any such material using the site, and, if applicable, to delete any such material from its servers. Company intends to cooperate fully with any law enforcement officials or agencies in the investigation of any violation of these Terms or of any applicable laws.
11. COMPLIANCE WITH INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAWS. When accessing the Site, you agree to obey the law and to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Site is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute any information or content (collectively, “Content”) in violation of any third party’s copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property, and you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for any infringements of third party rights caused by any Content you provide or transmit, or that is provided or transmitted using your account. The burden of proving that any Content does not violate any laws or third party rights rests solely with you.
12. NO WARRANTIES. WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES. WE ARE MAKING THE SITE AVAILABLE “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. YOU ASSUME THE RISK OF ANY AND ALL DAMAGE OR LOSS FROM USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE OR THE SERVICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE.
13. LIMITED LIABILITY. OUR LIABILITY TO YOU IS LIMITED. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR LOST DATA, REGARDLESS OF THE FORESEEABILITY OF THOSE DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS OR SERVICES PROVIDED TO YOU BY US. This limitation shall apply regardless of whether the damages arise out of breach of contract, tort, or any other legal theory or form of action.
15. PROHIBITED USES. We impose certain restrictions on your permissible use of the Site. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate any security features of the Site, including, without limitation, (a) accessing content or data not intended for you, or logging onto a server or account that you are not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Site, or any associated system or network, or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) interfering or attempting to interfere with service to any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, by means of submitting a virus to the Site, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing,” “crashing” or instituting a “DDOS” attack on the Site; (d) using the Site to send unsolicited e-mail, including, without limitation, promotions, or advertisements for products or services; (e) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or in any posting using the Site; or (f) attempting to modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reduce or attempt to reduce to a human-perceivable form any of the source code used by us in providing the Site. Any violation of system or network security may subject you to civil and/or criminal liability.
17. COPYRIGHT. All contents of Site or Service are: Copyright © Respiratory Therapy Zone.
Educational Use is Permitted for ‘Free’ articles and content listed within the Test Bank page of this website.
All premium (paid) contents: Copyright © Respiratory Therapy Zone.
19. NO LICENSE. Nothing contained on the Site should be understood as granting you a license to use any of the trademarks, service marks, or logos owned by us or by any third party.
20. UNITED STATES USE ONLY. The Site is controlled and operated by Company from its offices in the State of Mississippi. The domain of the website is registered in the United States and the Site is hosted in the United States. The intended audience for this site consists of individuals in the United States only. Company makes no representation that any of the materials or the services to which you have been given access are available or appropriate for use in other locations. Your use of or access to the Site should not be construed as Company’s purposefully availing itself of the benefits or privilege of doing business in any state or jurisdiction other than Mississippi and the United States.
21. AMENDMENTS. Company reserves the right to amend these Terms. Should Company seek to make such an amendment, which we determine is material in our sole discretion, we shall:
(a) Provide you notice by email of said change 15 days prior to the change going into force, and
(b) Publish on the home page the fact an amendment will be made.
Should a court of competent jurisdiction rule this Amendment provision invalid, then this Amendment clause