Here is a sample of the answers for Chapter 23 of the Egan’s Workbook. For rest of the answers, check out our Workbook Helper. We have both the 10th and 11th Edition available.
1. E. impaired immune response
2. F. science of measuring the human body
3. A. excess nitrogenous waste in blood
4. G. hourly resting energy consumption after fasting
5. B. relationship of height to weight
6. D. energy measurement based on O2 consumption and CO2 production
7. C. so thin that ribs stick out in persistent malnutrition
9. A. Body mass index
10. 18.5 to 24.9
11. A. Males: 106 + 6(Ht -60)
B. Females: 105 +5(Ht -60)
C. Example: for a 6-foot male 106 +6(72 – 60) = 106 +72 = 178 lb
For the rest of the answers, check out the Workbook Helper.
10th & 11th Edition