Here is a sample of the answers for Chapter 36 of the Egan’s Workbook. For rest of the answers, check out our Workbook Helper. We have both the 10th and 11th Edition available.
1. Yaunker Suction
2. See table
3. A. Maintains PEEP and oxygenation. Decreases exposure to body fluids and risk of cross contamination and potentially cost.
B. Weight, airway resistance, ventilator triggering
4. Coude catheter with bent tip
5. Nasopharyngeal airway
6. “Sputum trap” is its common name; it’s also called a “specimen container.”
7. Unilateral lung disease; independent lung ventilation (ILV)
8. A. One line is for the high-pressure injection.
B. The other can be used for humidification, liquids, and pressure monitoring.
9. Evac tubes are intended to reduce the incidence of VAP.
10. Orotracheal or oral intubation
For the rest of the answers, check out the Workbook Helper.
10th & 11th Edition