Here is a sample of the answers for Chapter 40 of the Egan’s Workbook. For rest of the answers, check out our Workbook Helper. We have both the 10th and 11th Edition available.
1. Flammable: liable to catch fire; readily combustible.
2. Nonflammable: not liable to catch fire; not readily combustible.
3. Oxidizing: combine or become combined chemically with oxygen.
4. Bourdon Gage: an instrument for measuring the pressure of gases or liquids, consisting of a semicircular or coiled, flexible metal tube attached to a gauge that records the degree to which the tube is straightened by the pressure of the gas or liquid inside
5. Thorpe Tube: an instrument used to directly measure the flow rate of a gas in medical instruments. It consists of a connection to a gas source, a needle valve opened and closed by turning an attached dial for control of flow rate, a float resting in a clear tapered tube, and an outlet port.
6. Reducing Valve: A valve that reduces gas pressure.
7. Regulator: device that controls both pressure and flow
8. Flowmeter: an instrument for measuring the rate of flow; controls the flow of gas.
9. Zone Valves: a part of the gas supply system that must be turned off in the emergency of a fire, or for repairs.
For the rest of the answers, check out the Workbook Helper.
10th & 11th Edition