Here is a sample of the answers for Chapter 42 of the Egan’s Workbook. For rest of the answers, check out our Workbook Helper. We have both the 10th and 11th Edition available.
1. If/when you don’t take deep breaths, it is harder for your lungs to work normally. As a result, you could develop lung complications.
2. Incentive spirometer (IS)
A. “The purpose of this treatment is to…help prevent lung complications after your
B. “This device will…show you how deep a breath you can take.”
3. Take a slow, deep breath until your lungs are full, and hold it for 3 seconds.
4. Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP)
A. “This treatment will…help you breathe more easily.”
B. “I am going to put a mask on your face…with some straps to help make a seal against your face.”
5. Abnormal collapse of distal lung parenchyma
6. Alveolar collapse will occur if alveoli gas enters the blood and airways become plugged with mucus plugs. This process is called resorption atelectasis.
For the rest of the answers, check out the Workbook Helper.
10th & 11th Edition