Here is a sample of the answers for Chapter 56 of the Egan’s Workbook. For rest of the answers, check out our Workbook Helper. We have both the 10th and 11th Edition available.
1. CMS: Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
2. DME: durable medical equipment
3. NIV: noninvasive positive pressure ventilation
4. LTACH: long-term acute care hospitals
5. SNF: skilled nursing facility
6. TTOT: transtracheal oxygen therapy
7. Home care
8. The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) of 2010 has expanded health care coverage to many uninsured Americans, prohibits the exclusion of preexisting conditions, and increases the scope of coverage for certain types of preventive care.
9. A. Subacute
C. Skilled nursing facility
D. Home health care
E. Long-term acute care
10. The LTACH does provide focused acute rehab & care for patients with complex medical issues and diseases. M of these patients have tracheostomy tubes or are on mechanical ventilation, therefore, RTs are involves and invasive weaning is provided.
For the rest of the answers, check out the Workbook Helper.
10th & 11th Edition