Pneumonia is a serious lung infection that affects millions of people worldwide. It can be caused by various microorganisms, including bacteria, viruses, and fungi, and can range from mild to severe in terms of symptoms and complications.
Despite the seriousness of this infection, there are many quotes that provide insight, inspiration, and hope for those who are affected by pneumonia. In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the best quotes about pneumonia to help raise awareness and understanding of this important health issue.
From the perspectives of patients, caregivers, and medical professionals, these quotes offer insight and inspiration for anyone impacted by the signs and symptoms of pneumonia.
Best Quotes About Pneumonia:
1. The best thing when you get pneumonia is rest — that’s it, just rest. – JaVale McGee
2. I quit school in the sixth grade because of pneumonia. Not because I had it but because I couldn’t spell it. – Rocky Graziano
3. The flu can definitely set you up for bacterial pneumonia. – Paul A. Offit
4. I had asthma when I was a kid, asthma so bad that it would turn into pneumonia and I almost died several times. Nobody knew why back then, but now it’s obvious. – Don McLean
5. By preventing pneumonia and other diseases, we are giving men, women and children the chance to live healthy productive lives and participate in the global economy. In doing so, we are not only enhancing their futures – we are enhancing our own. – Mandy Moore
6. Nobody would ever convince me that the bronchitis and pneumonia were caused by cigarettes. – Barbara Warren
7. All countries should immediately now activate their pandemic preparedness plans. Countries should remain on high alert for unusual outbreaks of influenza-like illness and severe pneumonia. – Margaret Chan
8. You won’t realize the importance of the air you breathe unless you struggle to breathe due to pneumonia. – Unknown
9. Take the necessary precautions and vaccinations to protect yourself and your family from Pneumonia. – Unknown
10. Just by taking small precautions against pneumonia, we can save many lives. – Sambad English Bureau
11. Breathing is the greatest pleasure in life. – Giovanni Papini
12. Just breathe. – Unknown
13. Breathe deeply, until sweet air extinguishes the burn of fear in your lungs and every breath is a beautiful refusal to become anything less than infinite. – D. Antoinette Foy
14. Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure. – Oprah Winfrey
15. Inhale the future, exhale the past. – Unknown
16. We all can contribute towards saving lives from pneumonia; all we need to do is take care of our lungs. – India Today
17. Lungs, they do not like to be messed with. I give pneumonia one star, and that’s for the silent ‘p.’ – Justine Larbalestier
18. Let us stand strong and fight against pneumonia. – Unknown
19. The basic symptoms which occur in pneumonia and which are never lacking are acute fever, sticking pain in the side, short rapid breaths, serrated pulse, and cough, mostly with sputum. – Robert Taylor
20. When a man lacks mental balance in pneumonia he is said to be delirious. When he lacks mental balance without the pneumonia, he is pronounced insane by all smart doctors. – Martin H. Fischer
21. The biggest killers of children around the world are two things: diarrhea and pneumonia. When you think about it, in the United States, kids don’t die of diarrhea anymore, but it’s a huge problem in the developing world. – Melinda Gates
22. The only thing more astonishing than the human body’s ability to fight off pneumonia is the human mind’s ability to endure it. – J.R. Moehringer
23. The trick to life is to just keep breathing. – John Landry
24. Learn how to exhale, the inhale will take care of itself. – Carla Melucci Ardito
25. When the breath is unsteady, all is unsteady; when the breath is still; all is still. Control the breath carefully. Inhalation gives strength and a controlled body; retention gives steadiness of mind and longevity; exhalation purifies body and spirit. – Goraksasatakam
26. The wisest one-word sentence? Breathe. – Terri Guillemets
27. Only those who know how to breathe will survive. – Pundit Acharya
28. If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You have another chance. – Andrea Boydston
29. Pause, breathe. Repair the universe, then proceed. – Unknown
30. Breathe in deeply to bring your mind home to your body. – Thich Nhat Hanh
31. Without full awareness of breathing, there can be no development of meditative stability and understanding. – Thich Nhat Hanh
32. Breathe; it’s just a bad day, not a bad life. – Unknown
33. Pneumonia is a serious disease, but the body can fight it off if given a chance. – Andrew Weil
34. Pneumonia is not a death sentence; it is a disease that can be treated and overcome with proper care. – Dr. Anthony Fauci
35. Pneumonia is not a respecter of persons. It attacks the rich and poor, young and old, weak and strong. – Florence Nightingale
36. Pneumonia is not just a physical ailment, it also takes a toll on the mind and spirit. Stay strong and keep fighting. – Unknown
37. Pneumonia may knock you down, but it can never defeat the human spirit. – Unknown
38. Pneumonia is a reminder that health is the most valuable thing we have. Take care of it always. – Unknown
39. Pneumonia is a battle, but with the right care and support, the body can emerge victorious. – Unknown
40. In the face of pneumonia, let us remember that hope and determination can conquer all. – Unknown
41. Pneumonia may be a formidable opponent, but it can never defeat the human will to survive. – Unknown
42. Inhale, then exhale. That’s how you’ll get through it. – Author Unknown
43. Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again. – L. Frank Baum
44. Just breathing can be such a luxury at times. – Author unknown
45. The ability to breathe is a gift. Wake up grateful each day for that gift. – Brant Reader
46. For breath is life, so if you breathe well you will live long on earth. – Sanskrit Proverb
47. Pneumonia is an infection that affects the lungs and can be caused by bacteria, viruses, or fungi.
48. Pneumonia is a leading cause of death worldwide, particularly in children under the age of five and older adults.
49. Pneumonia can be spread through the air by coughing or sneezing, by close contact with an infected person, or by touching a surface that has the bacteria or virus on it and then touching the face.
50. Symptoms of pneumonia include fever, cough, chest pain, shortness of breath, and difficulty breathing.
51. Pneumonia can be treated with antibiotics, antiviral, or antifungal medication, depending on the cause of the infection.
52. Conscious breathing heightens awareness and deepens relaxation. – Dan Brule
53. Smile, breathe, take it slow, and live a happy life. – John Landry
54. Your breath is your anchor. – Author Unknown
55. Breath is the link between mind and body. – Dan Brule
56. What can we do but keep on breathing in and out, modest and willing, and in our places? – Mary Oliver
57. Life isn’t measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. – Author Unknown
58. Deep breathing brings deep thinking and shallow breathing brings shallow thinking. – Elsie Lincoln Benedict
59. Breathing, according to me, corresponds to taking charge of one’s own life. – Luce Irigaray
60. Vaccines are available to protect against some types of pneumonia, such as pneumococcal pneumonia.
61. Pneumonia can lead to complications such as sepsis, lung abscess, or acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS).
62. People with chronic illnesses or weakened immune systems are at a higher risk of developing pneumonia.
63. Pneumonia was once a leading cause of death, but with the development of antibiotics, the mortality rate has significantly dropped.
64. Breathe easy. – Unknown
65. I have pneumonia, but it’s not that bad. I mean, sure, I can’t breathe, and I’m coughing up a lung, but it’s all good. – Blane Abernathy
66. Pneumonia may have taken hold of my body, but it could never take hold of my spirit, for I am surrounded by the love and support of my family and friends, and with their help, I will emerge victorious. – Amanda Keenum
67. He lives most life whoever breathes most air. – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
68. As you waste your breath complaining about life, someone out there is breathing their last. Appreciate what you have. – Unknown
69. Breath is life. We should pay as much attention to it as any other aspect of beingness. – Swami Nostradamus Virato
70. Breathing is meditation; life is a meditation. You have to breathe in order to live, so breathing is how you get in touch with the sacred space of your heart. – Willow Smith
71. Develop pneumonia, feel bad. Overcome pneumonia, feel glad. – Unknown
72. An evil person is as useless as the ‘p’ in pneumonia. – Unknown
More Medical Quotes
We have similar articles that cover motivational quotes about other medical topics that I think you will enjoy. This includes the following:
- Quotes About Breathing
- Quotes About Asthma
- Quotes About COPD
- Quotes About Cystic Fibrosis
- Quotes About Emphysema
- Quotes About Bronchiectasis
- Quotes About Lung Cancer
- Quotes About a Heart Attack
- Quotes About Congestive Heart Failure
- Quotes About Hypertension
- Quotes About Guillain-Barre Syndrome
- Quotes About Myasthenia Gravis
- Quotes About Diabetes
- Quotes About Sleep Apnea
- Quotes About Alzheimer’s Disease
- Quotes About Tuberculosis
- Quotes for Respiratory Therapists
As previously mentioned, “pneumonia is a serious chronic condition, but it does not define the person whom it affects.”
Hopefully, the quotes compiled in this article can provide encouragement and inspiration for anyone affected by this infection. Whether you have developed pneumonia yourself or know someone who has, these quotes can provide comfort, motivation, and hope.
Thanks for reading, and, as always, breathe easy, my friend.
John Landry, BS, RRT
John Landry is a registered respiratory therapist from Memphis, TN, and has a bachelor's degree in kinesiology. He enjoys using evidence-based research to help others breathe easier and live a healthier life.
- The gifted authors of these amazing quotes about pneumonia were credited throughout the article at the end of each quote.