Respiratory therapists are vital members of the healthcare team. They provide care and treatment to patients with breathing problems, including asthma, COPD, and other respiratory diseases.
While respiratory therapy is an amazing career, it can be challenging and overwhelming at times.
That’s why we’ve compiled a list of the best motivational quotes for respiratory therapists to help keep you inspired and motivated!
Best Motivational Quotes for Respiratory Therapists:
1. Help save one life, you’re a hero. Help save thousands of lives, you’re a respiratory therapist.
2. Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful. – Joshua J. Marine
3. Study while others are sleeping, work while others are loafing, prepare while others are playing, and dream while others are wishing. – William Arthur Ward
4. YOU are going to be a GREAT respiratory therapist.
5. Becoming a respiratory therapist means that you should be prepared for a long and often uncertain journey. The good stuff doesn’t come easy.
6. Life is tough, my darling, but so are you. – Stephanie Bennett-Henry
7. Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. – Thomas A. Edison
8. They may forget your name but they will never forget how you made them feel. – Maya Angelou
9. There are no great people in this world, only great challenges which ordinary people rise to meet. – William Frederick Halsey Jr.
10. Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure. – Oprah Winfrey
11. The ability to breathe is a gift. Wake up grateful each day for that gift.
12. Your breath is your anchor.
13. Take a deep breath. Let out all the stress. You got this.
14. Strive to be the respiratory therapist that you would want as a patient.
15. If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You have another chance. – Andrea Boydston
16. Work hard, stay humble, and set big goals.
17. Be proud of yourself for how far you have come, but never stop pushing to be the best you can be.
18. Your future success depends on what you do in the present.
19. Your goals, minus your doubts, equal reality. – Ralph Marston
20. For success, attitude is equally as important as ability. – Walter Scott
Get access to 25+ premium quizzes, mini-courses, and downloadable cheat sheets for FREE.
21. When you feel like quitting, think about why you started in the first place.
22. It is not how much you do, but how much love you put in the doing. – Mother Teresa
23. We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated. – Maya Angelou
24. The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others. – Mahatma Gandhi
25. Patience is not the ability to wait, but the ability to keep a positive attitude while waiting. Your blessings are coming — be patient.
26. Daily improvement is the key. Always strive to get 1% better each and every day.
27. Successful people have fear, successful people have doubts, and successful people have worries. They just don’t let these feelings stop them. – T. Harv Eker
28. Never give up in despair and think that you are through, for there’s always a tomorrow and a chance to start anew. – Helen Steiner Rice
29. Being a respiratory therapy student means that it’s okay to laugh and cry, all in the same breath.
30. Sometimes things will happen in your life that are out of your control. With that said, you CAN control how you react to them.
31. The big secret in life is that there is no big secret. Whatever your goal, you can get there if you’re willing to work. – Oprah Winfrey
32. Much of life isn’t fair. It’s how you live that matters. It’s how you deal with the bumps in the road. – Maya Banks
33. You’re braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. – Christopher Robin
34. The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little EXTRA.
35. Be proud of your progress and keep taking steps forward no matter how small. You’ll eventually reach your full potential and you’ll look back on the days you thought you’d never make it. And you’ll smile, and be proud that you never gave up on yourself.
36. Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else. – Les Brown
37. To be a respiratory therapist is to be compassionate.
38. When you’re a respiratory therapist, you know that every day you will touch a life or a life will touch yours.
39. It doesn’t matter whether you come in first, in the middle of the pack, or last. You can say, ‘I have finished.’ There is a lot of satisfaction in that. – Fred Lebow
40. There is no substitution for hard work.
41. Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do. – Bruce Lee
42. In respiratory therapy school, it doesn’t always matter if you make the grade. What matters is that you understand the most important concepts.
43. Virtually nothing is impossible in this world if you just put your mind to it and maintain a positive attitude. – Lou Holtz
44. Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success. – Napoleon Hill
45. The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work. – Mark Twain
46. A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself. – Joseph Campbell
47. When life puts you in tough situations, don’t say ‘WHY ME?,’ instead say ‘TRY ME’.
48. I attribute my success to this; I never gave nor took any excuse. – Florence Nightingale
49. You treat a disease: you win, you lose. You treat a person, I guarantee you win – no matter the outcome. – Patch Adams
50. Keep your face always toward the sunshine and shadows will fall behind you. – Walt Whitman
51. Life is a gift, and it offers us the privilege, opportunity, and responsibility to give something back by becoming more. – Tony Robbins
52. Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion. – Muhammad Ali
53. Nothing will work unless you do. – Maya Angelou
54. I think it is possible for ordinary people to choose to be extraordinary. – Elon Musk
55. After you find out all the things that can go wrong, your life becomes less about living and more about waiting. – Chuck Palahniuk
56. Hardships often prepare people for an extraordinary destiny. – C.S. Lewis
57. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. The only way to do great work is to love what you do. – Steve Jobs
58. To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived; that is to have succeeded. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
59. Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going. – Jim Rohn
60. Behind every great doctor is an even greater respiratory therapist.
61. Slow progress is better than no progress. Stay positive and don’t give up.
62. Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. – Thomas Edison
63. Nothing is impossible. The word itself says ‘I’m Possible’! – Audrey Hepburn
64. The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time. – Abraham Lincoln
65. Whenever you’re feeling down — just breathe. Everything will work its way out in the end.
66. Not all angels have wings, some have scrubs.
67. It’s a beautiful thing to have a career and passion that are perfectly aligned.
68. Respiratory therapists are like icebergs. At any one time, you are only seeing a small part of what they are actually doing.
69. If you are a respiratory therapist, you should wear the title with pride. Not many people are capable of doing what you do, and even fewer are capable of doing it with the charisma and passion you do it with.
70. At times, a respiratory therapist is the only thing standing between life and death for the patient.
71. PEEP, not poop.
72. People often don’t realize the importance of a respiratory therapist until they need one.
73. Respiratory therapists help people breathe for a living. What could possibly be cooler than that?
74. Respiratory therapists are cute enough to take your breath away and skilled enough to give it back.
75. One thing is certain about respiratory therapy: It’s never boring nor predictable.
76. Hey you, respiratory therapist. You’re awesome!
77. You’re not “just a respiratory therapist.” Take pride in what you do.
78. I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy, I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it. – Art Williams
79. Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new. – Albert Einstein
80. Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can. – Arthur Ashe
81. Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today. – Malcolm X
82. The secret of getting ahead is getting started. – Mark Twain
83. We learn more by looking for the answer to a question and not finding it than we do from learning the answer itself. – Lloyd Alexander
84. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. – Ben Franklin
85. Remember that failure is an event, not a person. – Zig Ziglar
86. I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have. – Thomas Jefferson
87. Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out. – Robert Collier
88. The expert in everything was once a beginner.
89. There are no shortcuts to any place worth going. – Beverly Sills
90. There can be no success as a respiratory therapy student without sacrifice.
91. Good things come to people who wait, but better things come to those who go out and get them.
92. Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential. – John Maxwell
93. Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today. – Will Rogers
94. Respiratory therapists are the unsung heroes of the medical system.
Get access to 25+ premium quizzes, mini-courses, and downloadable cheat sheets for FREE.
95. The character of a respiratory therapist is just as important as the knowledge he or she possesses.
96. You will either step forward into growth, or you will step backward into safety. – Abraham Maslow
97. Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life. – David M. Burns
98. There is no such thing as failure, only postponement of success.
99. Respiratory therapy school is always challenging. There’s no way around it. Just keep pushing forward.
More Medical Quotes
We have similar articles that cover motivational quotes about other medical topics that I think you will enjoy. This includes the following:
- Quotes About Breathing
- Quotes About Asthma
- Quotes About COPD
- Quotes About Pneumonia
- Quotes About Emphysema
- Quotes About Cystic Fibrosis
- Quotes About Bronchiectasis
- Quotes About Lung Cancer
- Quotes About a Heart Attack
- Quotes About Congestive Heart Failure
- Quotes About Hypertension
- Quotes About Guillain-Barre Syndrome
- Quotes About Myasthenia Gravis
- Quotes About Diabetes
- Quotes About Sleep Apnea
- Quotes About Alzheimer’s Disease
- Quotes About Tuberculosis
Respiratory therapy is a challenging and rewarding field that requires dedication, compassion, and a strong work ethic. The quotes included in this article are a reminder of the importance of perseverance, the power of a positive attitude, and the impact that one person can have on the lives of others.
Whether you’re a student, a new respiratory therapist, or a seasoned professional, these words of wisdom will inspire you to give your best effort every day.
Remember, as the great philosopher Aristotle said, “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” Keep striving for excellence and make a difference in the lives of your patients.
John Landry, BS, RRT
John Landry is a registered respiratory therapist from Memphis, TN, and has a bachelor's degree in kinesiology. He enjoys using evidence-based research to help others breathe easier and live a healthier life.