But what if, even after taking these precautions, you still feel pain in your feet? Now we can take it a step further — pun intended — and discuss the best insoles for Respiratory Therapists, nurses, doctors, and other medical professionals who do a lot of standing while on the job.
So if that’s what you’re looking for, you’re in the right place. And if you’re ready, let’s go ahead and dive right in.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this article are affiliate links which means, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Sponsorship Disclosure: Wiivv is a paid partner. We received compensation and a free product in exchange for writing a review. With that said, all opinions expressed in this post are based on my personal view and I can recommend their product with confidence.
Our Top Recommendations of Best Insoles for Standing:
1. Wiivv Custom Insoles
2. Dr. Scholl’s WORK Massaging Gel Advanced Insoles
3. Powerstep Full Length Orthotic Shoe Insoles
4. Superfeet GREEN Professional Insoles
5. Walk-Hero Plantar Fasciitis Feet Insoles
6. GAOAG Shock-absorption Breathable Insoles
7. Easyfeet Plantar Fasciitis Arch Support Insoles
8. Vsonker Memory Foam Arch Support Insoles
9. Physix Gear Sport Full Length Orthotic Inserts
Best Insoles for Medical Professionals Who Do a lot of Standing While at Work:
#1 – Wiivv Custom Insoles
You may not have heard of this company, but Wiivv is the world leader in custom-fit footwear. Using Wiivv’s mobile app, you take two pictures of your left and right feet. They use those pictures to build a model of your feet using more than 200 data points. Then, they 3D print insoles with arch support that fits you exactly.
Arch support works by distributing pressure and force across your whole foot, and in order to do that the product needs to make contact with as much of your foot as possible. This is why Wiivv’s custom insoles reduce fatigue and provide comfort for longer periods of time than generic insoles. Most importantly, this keeps you feeling comfortable during those long 12-hour shifts.
I was so excited when I was approached by Wiivv to work with them as a sponsor. I’ve tested these insoles myself and I can’t say enough good things about them. That is why I can recommend them to you with 100% confidence. Whether you’re a nurse, respiratory therapist, or anyone who is required to stand for long periods of time — your feet will thank you once you start using the Wiivv Custom Insoles.
- Measurements can be completed from the comfort of home
- Dynamic custom arch support
- Shock-absorbing heel cushion
- Breathable fabric
- Choose the design that appears on the top of the insole to match your style
- 30-day money-back guarantee with a one-year warranty
- Free shipping
Sitting in the #2 spot of our list of best insoles is none other than the Dr. Scholl’s WORK Massaging Gel Advanced Insoles.
These are designed for men, so ladies, you can skip this one. Not to worry, there are plenty of unisex alternatives listed below.
With the Responsive-Wave Cushioning™, this product is one of the best insoles because it uses advanced technology to absorb the continuous shock of walking or standing on hard surfaces. The gel has a uniquely firm quality that’s also soft to cushion and supports the foot all day.
- Increased arch support for balance
- Additional padding to protect the ball of your feet
- Vents to prevent perspiration
- Responsive-Wave Cushioning™ to shield your feet from the stress of hours of standing and walking
- Can be worn inside any kind of footwear
Next on our list is the Powerstep Full-Length Orthotic Shoe Insoles.
Designed to address and prevent painful foot conditions, the unisex Powerstep Insoles are the best insoles for nurses and hospital employees.
The product successfully relieves deformities like plantar fasciitis, Morton’s neuroma and metatarsalgia. They also alleviate the pain caused by bunions and flat feet.
- The arch support is made of PU (polyutherane) and elastic plastic.
- Padding is thick to protect your feet from the impact of hard surfaces.
- They are 100% antimicrobial.
- The shape fits snugly for good posture and comfort.
- Made in the USA, the materials are durable and medical-grade
Coming in at #3 is the Superfeet GREEN Professional Insoles.
Created in the 1970s, these unisex insoles have a staying power that makes them some of the best insoles for nurses and hospital workers.
They are sturdy due to the medical-grade composition and the company’s ample research in orthoses. That means these will last a long time and your investment will not go to waste.
- Heels with a deep cup to absorb the shock of standing and walking
- Insoles made with thick and first-rate materials
- A layer of nontoxic coating to prevent foot odor
- Superfeet® Shape, which gently elevates your feet (2 inches high and 4 inches wide) to minimize the damage and stress to your ankles and knees.
Next up on our list is the Walk-Hero Plantar Fasciitis Feet Insoles.
Nurses and people who work in hospitals would benefit greatly from wearing the product. The unisex insoles are made to relieve the pain from plantar fasciitis, a distressing foot condition that happens when you stand or walk for long hours on hard surfaces.
They are also good for treating flat feet, bunions, overpronation, which damages your tendons, and underpronation, which leads to hip and back problems.
- They are made of tough and high-quality EVA components, which are soft, flexible and resilient like rubber.
- EVA is toxic-free. It stabilizes your foot’s temperature.
- Designed with a deep heel cup for balance.
- Walk-Hero Insoles are efficacious shock-absorbers.
- Your feet and knees will feel energized with Walk-Hero.
Coming in at #5 on our list of best insoles is none other than the GAOAG Shock-absorption Breathable Insoles.
Many factors make these the some of the best insoles for people who work in the medical field and hospitals. The manufacturers have taken every step to promote your feet’s comfort and health.
The insoles are shock-absorbing and breathable, so your feet stay feeling fresh throughout your shift.
- Created with a 1.38 support for low and high arch
- Skydex bubbles in the nylon plate
- The gel minimizes the shock of hours of standing and walking.
- The insoles have a unique memory foam cushion.
- The heel is designed in the form of a cup to ensure that your feet can properly carry your body.
- Porous fabric – no sticky feeling in your feet
- Hand-wash and easy to clean.
Next up on our list is the Easyfeet Plantar Fasciitis Arch Support Insoles.
Their special design is one of the many reasons why podiatrists recommend them. They’re excellent at relieving painful conditions like plantar fasciitis, bunions, flat feet, high arches, metatarsalgia, Morton’s neuroma, pronation, shin spin and pain in your ankle, back and neck.
They absorb the stress of prolonged standing, walking and sports thru the application of advanced air cushioning. The feet are held comfortably by the heel cradle.
- Made of TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane), a tough and flexible plastic
- Layers of firm polyurethane foam for a breathable and odorless fabric
- Spot cleaning with detergent
- One-year warranty
Coming in at #7 on our list is the Vsonker Memory Foam Arch Support Insoles that are made to keep your feet feeling nice and fresh.
Vsonker’s insoles are the best insoles because they are designed for athletes. The pads’ distinct features apply to nurses and hospital workers, too. You will feel light-footed and energized to work and walk.
They provide the maximum relief for conditions like aging feet, flat feet and plantar fasciitis.
- Soft polyurethane enables the memory foam to absorb the stress of hours of walking and standing.
- High arch support prevents fatigue.
- Injury is prevented by the deep heel cup.
- Consistent support from the supple insoles
- Breathable fabric
- 100% warranty
Next up on our list of best insoles is the Physix Gear Sport Full Length Orthotic Inserts. These are good Respiratory Therapists, Nurses, Doctors, and anyone else that does a lot of standing while on the job.
Every part of Physix Orthotic Inserts are designed to ensure the ultimate comfort of your feet. These unisex insoles are made for athletes and people who are always on their feet.
The ultra thin inserts competently absorb the shock of walking, running and standing. They also alleviate the excruciating pain from flat feet, plantar fasciliitis and pronation.
- Double layers of EVA foam, which is soft, hard-wearing, nontoxic and rubber-like
- High arch support for balance to sustain you in your activities
- Excellent craftsmanship using EVA foam and long-lasting PU (polyurethane) fabric
- Nonslip design through its semi-rigid heel reinforcement to guarantee safety
- Physix Inserts has a 100% refund and replacement policy.
So there you have it. You now know about all the best insoles for Respiratory Therapists, nurses, doctors, and all others medical professionals who do a lot of standing.
As we always say, your feet are your most valuable asset when working in the hospital. If you take good care of your feet, you’re taking better care of your overall health. This is especially true if, like me, you are required to work 12-hours shifts.
This is why it’s so important to not only wear a high-quality pair of shoes but also invest in some of the best insoles as well. Luckily for you, we’ve listed out all of them out for you here in this article so that you can be sure to make the right choice.
Thank you so much for reading! Be sure to keep those feet comfortable and healthy, and as always, breathe easy my friend.
The following are the sources that were used while doing research for this article:
- “Shoe-Insole Technology for Injury Prevention in Walking.” PubMed Central (PMC), 1 May 2018, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5982664.
- “Effect of Different Insoles on Postural Balance: A Systematic Review.” PubMed Central (PMC), 1 Oct. 2013, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3820199.
- “Effects of Orthotic Insoles on Adults with Flexible Flatfoot under Different Walking Conditions.” PubMed Central (PMC), 1 Nov. 2016, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5140804.