Wearing supportive shoes is essential for protecting your feet throughout the day. But even the most expensive shoes may not be enough for some people.
This’s why it’s also important to wear high-quality insoles to keep your feet healthy.
Whether you are looking for insoles to provide relief for plantar fasciitis or simply to help absorb shock and improve overall comfort, there is an option that will meet your needs.
However, it can be tough to know which insoles are truly the best fit! This is especially true for medical professionals and those who do a lot of standing while on the job.
To help, we created this list of the best insoles for both men and women to help make that decision easier for you.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this article are affiliate links which means that, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Top Recommended Insoles for Standing:
- FORM MAXIMUM – Comfort & Relief Insoles
- Superfeet GREEN Professional Insoles
- Dr. Scholl’s WORK Massaging Gel Advanced Insoles
- Powerstep Full-Length Orthotic Shoe Insoles
- Easyfeet Plantar Fasciitis Arch Support Insoles
- Walk-Hero Plantar Fasciitis Feet Insoles
- GAOAG Shock-absorption Breathable Insoles
- Vsonker Memory Foam Arch Support Insoles
- Physix Gear Sport Full-Length Orthotic Inserts
- Wiivv Custom Insoles
- Sof Sole ATHLETE Insoles Performance
Keep reading for our in-depth reviews of the best insoles for medical professionals. You can learn more about our favorites below.
Best Insoles for Standing, Plantar Fasciitis, and Flat Feet:
Sitting in the top spot of our list of best insoles is none other than the FORM MAXIMUM – Comfort & Relief Insoles. They come with shock-absorbing comfort that is easily noticeable right out of the box.
They’re by far one of the best insoles because you can custom-mold them to the unique shape of your foot and shoe. This makes them great, not only for athletes but for anyone who does a lot of standing while on the job. Not to mention, FORM insoles can also help with plantar fasciitis, over-pronation, arch pain, heel pain, knee pain, back pain, shin splints, heel spurs, bunion pain, and heat blisters.
They come with a comfort-shaped arch to reduce stress on both the feet and knees. The heel cup is designed for maximum support and shock absorption. They also come with temperweave fabric that reduces moisture and odors to keep your keep feeling (and smelling) fresh.
I was so excited when I was approached by FORM to work with them as a sponsor. They’re one of the leading insole providers on the market, and that is why I can recommend them to you with 100% confidence.
- Extra-thick cushioning for shock-absorbing comfort
- Comfort-shaped arch to reduce stress on feet and knees
- Heel cup design for max support
- Temperweave fabric to reduce moisture and odor
- Base layer custom molds to your foot shape
- Maximum Pain Relief
- 100% Money-back guarantee
Sitting in the #2 spot on our list is the Superfeet GREEN Professional Insoles.
Created in the 1970s, these unisex insoles have a staying power that makes them some of the best insoles for nurses and hospital workers.
They are sturdy due to the medical-grade composition and the company’s ample research in orthoses. That means these will last a long time, and your investment will not go to waste.
- Heels have a deep cup to absorb shock
- Insoles are made with thick and first-rate materials
- Have a layer of nontoxic coating to prevent foot odor
- Comes with Superfeet® shape
- Helps minimize stress on your ankles and knees
Next up on our list of best insoles is Dr. Scholl’s WORK Massaging Gel Advanced Insoles.
These are designed for men, so ladies, you can skip this one. Not to worry, there are plenty of unisex alternatives listed below.
With the Responsive-Wave Cushioning™, this product is one of the best insoles because it uses advanced technology to absorb the continuous shock of walking or standing on hard surfaces. The gel has a uniquely firm quality that’s also soft to cushion and supports the foot all day.
- Increased arch support for balance
- Additional padding to protect the balls of your feet
- Has vents to prevent perspiration
- Has responsive-wave cushioning™ to shield your feet from the stress of hours of standing and walking
- Can be worn inside of any type of shoe
Next on our list is the Powerstep Full-Length Orthotic Shoe Insoles.
Designed to address and prevent painful foot conditions, the unisex Powerstep Insoles are the best insoles for nurses and hospital employees.
The product successfully relieves deformities like plantar fasciitis, Morton’s neuroma, and metatarsalgia. They also alleviate the pain caused by bunions and flat feet.
- Arch support made of polyurethane and elastic plastic
- Thick padding protects your feet from the impact of hard surfaces
- 100% antimicrobial
- Shape fits snugly for good posture and comfort
- Materials are durable and medical-grade
- Made in the USA
Coming in at #5 on our list of best insoles is none other than the Easyfeet Plantar Fasciitis Arch Support Insoles.
Their special design is one of the many reasons why podiatrists recommend them. They’re excellent at relieving painful conditions like plantar fasciitis, bunions, flat feet, high arches, metatarsalgia, Morton’s neuroma, pronation, shin splints, and pain in your ankles, back, and neck.
They absorb the stress of prolonged standing, walking, and sports through the application of advanced air cushioning. The feet are held comfortably by the heel cradle.
They provide high arch support, which leads to extreme comfort. This is great for medical professionals, especially during those 12-hour shifts. Even if you don’t work in the hospital, if you do a lot of standing on the job, these insoles are a great option for you.
- Great for both men and women
- Made of thermoplastic polyurethane, a tough and flexible plastic
- Made of breathable and odorless fabric
- Spot cleaning with detergent is easy
- Comes with a one-year warranty
Next up on our list is the Walk-Hero Plantar Fasciitis Feet Insoles.
Nurses and people who work in hospitals would benefit greatly from wearing the product. The unisex insoles are made to relieve the pain from plantar fasciitis, a distressing foot condition that happens when you stand or walk for long hours on hard surfaces.
They are also good for treating flat feet, bunions, overpronation, which damages your tendons, and underpronation, which leads to hip and back problems.
- Made of tough and high-quality EVA components
- Help stabilize your foot’s temperature
- Designed with a deep heel cup for balance
- Have efficacious shock-absorbing capabilities
- Help your feet and knees feel energized
Another great option that we had to include is the GAOAG Shock-absorption Breathable Insoles.
Many factors make these some of the best insoles for people who work in the medical field and hospitals. The manufacturers have taken every step to promote your feet’s comfort and health.
The insoles are shock-absorbing and breathable, so your feet stay feeling fresh throughout your shift.
- Created with a 1.38 support for low and high arch feet
- Have skydex bubbles in the nylon plate
- Contain gel that minimizes shock
- Have a unique memory foam cushion.
- Made of fabric that leaves no sticky feeling on your feet
- Easy to clean
Next up on our list is the Vsonker Memory Foam Arch Support Insoles that are made to keep your feet feeling nice and fresh.
Vsonker’s insoles are the best insoles because they are designed for athletes. The pads’ distinct features apply to nurses and hospital workers, too. You will feel light-footed and energized to work and walk.
They provide the maximum relief for conditions like aging feet, flat feet, and plantar fasciitis.
- Made of soft polyurethane
- High arch support that prevents fatigue
- Has a deep heel cup, which helps prevent injuries
- Consistent support and longevity
- Breathable fabric
- 100% warranty
Every part of Physix Orthotic Inserts is designed to ensure the ultimate comfort of your feet. These unisex insoles are made for athletes and people who are always on their feet.
The ultra-thin inserts competently absorb the shock of walking, running, and standing. They also alleviate the excruciating pain from flat feet, plantar fasciitis, and pronation.
- Made with double layers of EVA foam
- Have high arch support for balance
- Made with long-lasting polyurethane fabric
- Has a nonslip design and semi-rigid heel reinforcement
- 100% refund and replacement policy
#10 – Wiivv Custom Insoles
Coming in at #10 on our list is Wiivv with their Custom Insoles. That’s right, my friend. These insoles are designed specifically to meet the needs of your unique feet.
You may not have heard of this company, but Wiivv is the world leader in custom-fit footwear. Using Wiivv’s mobile app, you take two pictures of your left and right feet. They use those pictures to build a model of your feet using more than 200 data points. Then, they 3D print insoles with arch support that fits you exactly.
Arch support works by distributing pressure and force across your whole foot, and in order to do that, the product needs to make contact with as much of your foot as possible.
This is why Wiivv’s custom insoles reduce fatigue and provide comfort for longer periods of time than generic insoles. Most importantly, this keeps you feeling comfortable during those long 12-hour shifts.
- Measurements can be completed from the comfort of your home
- Dynamic custom arch support
- Shock-absorbing heel cushion
- Breathable fabric
- Customizable design
- 30-day money-back guarantee with a one-year warranty
And last but not least, coming in at #11 is the Sof Sole ATHLETE Insoles Performance. Don’t let the fact that these insoles are at the bottom of the list fool you. These are still excellent insoles for medical professionals.
Sof Sole is one of the best insoles for men because it’s highly innovative. The manufacturers employ their Sof Sole’s Implus™ foam to create a porous fabric that fights foot odor and sweat.
They are lightweight yet still provide high levels of comfort and support for your feet.
- Helps boost endurance
- Has shock-absorbing components that prevent fatigue
- Has gel in the heels for comfort
- Uses hydrologix moisture treatment blocks
- Provides antimicrobial protection
- Comes with a one-year warranty and money-back guarantee
How to Take Care of Your Feet?
There are many things you can do to take care of your feet, including wearing high-quality shoes, compression socks, and insoles.
You should also avoid walking barefoot on hard surfaces and make sure to stretch your feet regularly. If you suffer from any foot pain, see a podiatrist for treatment options.
Who Needs Shoe Insoles?
Anyone who wants to improve the comfort and support of their shoes can benefit from shoe insoles. This is especially true for those who spend a lot of time on their feet or have foot pain.
Those who want to preserve the health of their feet for years to come should also consider investing in shoe insoles. This will help to prevent conditions such as plantar fasciitis and arch pain from developing.
How to Choose the Best Insoles?
When choosing the best insoles for your needs, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, consider what type of foot pain you are experiencing and what type of support you need.
If you have plantar fasciitis or other foot pain caused by conditions such as flat feet or high arches, then look for insoles that are specifically designed to provide support for these issues.
Other factors to consider include cushioning, shock absorption, and fit – the insoles should perfectly conform to the shape of your feet and provide adequate support and cushioning in all of the key areas.
Finally, consider price, quality, and reviews from other users when choosing an insole that is right for your needs.
What are the Best Insoles for Plantar Fasciitis?
Several of the insoles that were mentioned in this article are great options for those who are suffering from plantar fasciitis and other types of foot pain.
The FORM Maximum insoles are a great choice, as they are designed to provide support and cushioning for the entire foot. They also feature an arch support design that helps to stabilize and protect the feet.
How to Clean Shoe Insoles?
Cleaning your shoe insoles is important to ensure that they can continue to provide support and protection for your feet.
To clean your insoles, remove them from your shoes and wash them with soap and water. You can also use a disinfectant spray if desired. Let the insoles air dry completely before putting them back in your shoes.
You may also want to consider replacing your insoles periodically, especially if they have seen heavy use or are showing signs of wear and tear.
How Long Do Insoles Last?
This will vary depending on the type and quality of insole that you purchase, as well as how often you wear them. In general, however, most insoles should last for several months to a year before they need to be replaced.
If you notice that your insoles are no longer providing adequate support or cushioning, or if they are showing signs of wear and tear, then you may want to consider investing in a new pair.
To get the most out of your insoles, make sure to take good care of them by cleaning and drying them regularly and replacing them as needed.
What are the Best Insoles for Standing All Day?
If you are required to stand on your feet for long periods of time, then it is important to choose insoles that can provide the support needed to help prevent foot pain and fatigue.
Some great options include the Superfeet GREEN and FORM Maximum Insoles. Both of these insoles have been designed specifically to provide extra support in the arches, which is good for those who stand for extended periods of time.
Whether you are looking for arch support, cushioning, or shock absorption, there is an insole out there that can help.
As you can see, there are several great options to choose from, which can make it difficult to decide on just one. It may not be a bad idea to test out a few different brands and models to see which one works best for you.
Overall, any of the top insoles on this list can help to preserve the health of your feet over time. This is especially true for nurses, doctors, respiratory therapists, or anyone else who does a lot of standing while at work.
If you want to take your foot-health game to another level, check out our guide on the best shoes for medical professionals. Your feet will thank you later!
John Landry, BS, RRT
John Landry is a registered respiratory therapist from Memphis, TN, and has a bachelor's degree in kinesiology. He enjoys using evidence-based research to help others breathe easier and live a healthier life.
- “Shoe-Insole Technology for Injury Prevention in Walking.” PubMed Central (PMC), 1 May 2018, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5982664.
- “Effect of Different Insoles on Postural Balance: A Systematic Review.” PubMed Central (PMC), 1 Oct. 2013, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3820199.
- “Effects of Orthotic Insoles on Adults with Flexible Flatfoot under Different Walking Conditions.” PubMed Central (PMC), 1 Nov. 2016, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5140804.