To fully optimize your sleep as a CPAP user, you may need a specially designed pillow that allows for the tubing of your machine to fit without interruption. Otherwise, you may feel uncomfortable which can diminish the quality of your sleep.
In this article, we reviewed these some of the best CPAP pillows that can make life easier for you and help you get a good night’s rest. Surely, by using the information provided below, you can choose the best CPAP pillow to fit your needs. So if you’re ready, let’s get started.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this article are affiliate links which means, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Our Top Recommended Pillows for CPAP Users:
1. Lunderg CPAP Pillow for Side Sleepers
2. Contour Products CPAPMax 2.0 Pillow
3. Mars Wellness Pillow for CPAP Side Sleepers
4. CPAP Pillow with Cooling Mesh Pillow Case
5. Scandvia CPAP Pillows for Side Sleepers
6. Coisum Back Sleeper Cervical CPAP Pillow
7. BALIBETOV CPAP Pillow for Side Sleepers
Keep reading for our more detailed reviews of the best pillows for CPAP users at home for sleeping with sleep apnea.
Best Pillows for CPAP Users (Reviews):
This order comes with two pillow cases, so that you can wash one and still have one to sleep with that night. Lunderg CPAP Pillow Side Sleepers is perfect for reducing air leaks and helping you get a better sleep, even when you have your CPAP mask on.
The design is pretty comfortable and includes two different thickness levels, giving the pillow a slight slope to it. This means that you will be able to find a sleeping position with this pillow- simply turn it around if you want your head at more or less of an incline. It works well for those who prefer a pillow between firm and soft support.
So, if you want a hard to find medium density pillow, this could be your best option. The brand also offers a full refund. So, if you find that this particular pillow is not working for you, no worries.
You can simply contact them for a full refund. This is perfect if you have never used a CPAP pillow before and are unsure of how you will react to it. This is precisely why this pillow sits in the number one spot on our list.
- Memory foam that adjusts to the shape of your neck
- Two pillow cases, meaning you can still use this pillow while washing your case
- Two thicknesses on either side, for you to find a comfortable position
- Designed for side-sleepers
The pillow has three layers of different materials. The top layer is memory foam, the middle is sturdy cotton, and the bottom is charcoal infused. The charcoal layer is designed to neutralize odors, so that your pillow always smells fresh and clean.
- Three layers that provide reliable support
- Charcoal infusion prevents bad odors
- Your choice of memory foam or traditional pillow materials for sleeping
This one size fits all pillow is designed to prevent your mask from leaking at night. It is soft and comfy, but also strong enough to give your neck the support it needs to not feel stiff the following morning.
The brand says that you should put another pillow underneath this Mars Wellness Pillow for CPAP Side Sleepers, so that your head is elevated correctly while you sleep. We think that you should be able to use a CPAP pillow on its own, although this is still a decent product for side sleepers.
- Made with memory foam to give you support
- Prevents leaks and allows you to loosen your mask a bit
- Also comfy for side and back sleepers, in addition to side sleepers
The brand also says that the pillow includes airflow support. That way, you will not get too warm or feel sweaty while you sleep. There is no need to refill the pillow or stuff it when you get it. It comes already set up, so you can start using it as soon as it arrives at your home.
- Removable foam pad to adjust the size of the pillow
- Airflow technology to keep you cooler
- Memory foam for comfort and support
If you often experience neck or back pain from sleeping poorly, this pillow can be an option for you to prevent that from happening in the future. It is designed to reduce neck pain from awkward sleeping positions and keeps your spine aligned comfortably while you are asleep.
- The design is made to reduce neck and back pain
- Less firm with more memory foam, for comfortable sleep
- The unique shape prevents sores and pressure on your face from your mask
The shape Coisum Back Sleeper Cervical CPAP Pillow is made to support back sleepers, but anyone can use it comfortably. The pillow is between soft and firm, so that you get the comfort and support that you need while sleeping.
It is a great option for those who sink into softer pillows, but feel stiff after using firm ones. The pillow is filled with memory foam and can contour to the shape of your body. It is also perfect for those who are sensitive to chemicals, as the memory foam is chemical free.
The unique design allows for the pillow to have good airflow and the brand states that their pillow case is made to be breathable.
If you tend to sleep hot, this combination would be best for you. The pillow case is also easy to remove and wash, despite the shape of the pillow. The design even features two different heights on either side, so that you can find the height that works better for the shape of your head and neck.
- Medium stiffness with memory foam
- Very breathable and great airflow designs
- Unique shape makes it perfect for any type of sleeper
- Easy to clean and take care of
The material used in BALIBETOV CPAP Pillow for Side Sleepers includes soft memory foam, allowing you to feel the pillow conforming to your body when you lay on your side. It helps to keep your spine and neck aligned, reducing that stiff feeling you might get when you wake up.
This pillow is made to be soft and still supportive for the extra weight of your CPAP mask. Depending on how high you need your pillow to be to be comfortable, you might need to add another standard pillow underneath it.
- Prevents you from feeling stiff when you wake up in the morning, as it keeps your neck in place
- Soft memory foam material
- Prevents your CPAP mask from leaking air and waking you up at night
All of these designs work well with CPAP machines, you should be able to find one that suits your needs from this list. They all have great quality features, so we cannot recommend them enough for CPAP users. Thanks for reading and as always, breathe easy my friend.
John Landry, BS, RRT
John Landry is a registered respiratory therapist from Memphis, TN, and has a bachelor's degree in kinesiology. He enjoys using evidence-based research to help others breathe easier and live a healthier life.
- Egan’s Fundamentals of Respiratory Care. 12th ed., Mosby, 2020.
- Clinical Application of Mechanical Ventilation. 4th ed., Cengage Learning, 2013.
- Pilbeam’s Mechanical Ventilation: Physiological and Clinical Applications. 6th ed., Mosby, 2015.
- Mosby’s Respiratory Care Equipment. 10th ed., Mosby, 2017.