Diabetes is a chronic health condition that affects millions of people around the world. It is a complex disease that requires daily management and can impact various aspects of life.
Despite the challenges it presents, many individuals with diabetes have found ways to live fulfilling lives and inspire others through their words.
In this article, we present a collection of the best quotes about diabetes to uplift and motivate those living with the condition and raise awareness about its impact.
Best Quotes About Diabetes:
1. I may have diabetes, but I am not limited by it. I can live a happy, healthy, and adventurous life. – Ally Brooks
2. I was determined to share my positive approach and not let diabetes stand in the way of enjoying my life. – Paula Deen
3. Diabetes does not define me, but it helps shape who I am. – Amanda Quinne
4. Diabetes taught me discipline. – Sonia Sotomayor
5. Life is not over because you have diabetes. Make the most of what you have, be grateful. – Dale Evans
6. Diabetes may have taken away the sugar in my blood, but it will never take away the sweetness in my life. – Olivia Christian
7. I do not love to work out, but if I stick to exercising every day and put the right things in my mouth, then my diabetes just stays in check. – Halle Berry
8. Diabetes is not a choice, but how I live with it is. – Brett Andreas
9. I am a type-2 diabetic, and they took me off medication simply because I ate right and exercised. Diabetes is not like a cancer, where you go in for chemo and radiation. You can change a lot through a basic changing of habits. – Sherri Shepherd
10. Diabetes is a great example whereby, giving the patient the tools, you can manage yourself very well. – Clayton M. Christensen
11. Diabetes may slow me down at times, but it will never stop me. – Brittany Steen
12. Everyone has a challenge in life. There’s always something you’re overcoming…We get knocked down, but we can get back up. Chase your dreams. Rely on your support team. Find out what resources you have and use them. Don’t let diabetes stop you. – Will Cross
13. I may have diabetes, but diabetes does not have me. – Stan B. Blackard
14. My diabetes is such a central part of my life… It did teach me discipline… it also taught me about moderation… I’ve trained myself to be super-vigilant… because I feel better when I am in control. – Sonia Sotomayor
15. The way to deal with the devil of obesity and diabetes is literally one day at a time. – Stephen Furst
16. Living with diabetes requires courage, determination, and a positive attitude. – Jay Morton
17. Every day is an absolute battle. I don’t care what anyone says. You have to wake up and say to yourself, ‘I accept that I have diabetes, and I’m not going to let it run my entire life.’ – Bret Michaels
18. Chasing perfection with type-1 diabetes is impossible. There’s so much that’s out of your hands and finding a way to remain calm and patient in moments where diabetes interrupts your life is the key. – Nick Jonas
19. My diabetes may be a challenge, but it has also given me strength, resilience, and empathy. – Joy Pierce
20. Don’t let yourself fall, you gotta pick yourself right up and strive to do better and be better! Think positive. Don’t let the Diabetes control you! You control the Diabetes! Be strong because someways might be tough but you are tougher! – Tiffany Danczak
21. Diabetes is not a burden, but a lesson in perseverance and self-care. – Peter M. House
22. People take ownership of sickness and disease by saying things like MY high blood pressure MY diabetes, MY heart disease, MY depression, MY! MY! MY! Don’t own it because it doesn’t belong to you! – Stella Payton
23. One thing that you really have to do is move forward. You’ve gotta really tackle this. You can’t be a passive patient. – Dr. Phil McGraw
24. Insulin is not a cure for Diabetes; it is a treatment. It enables the diabetic to burn sufficient carbohydrates so that proteins and fats may be added to the diet in sufficient quantities to provide energy for the economic burdens of life. – Frederick Banting.
25. You can take hold of the situation. I feel great now. I live the right way. I wear fierce clothes. Everything I do now, I do it proud. I am a divabetic! – Patti LaBelle
26. Trying to manage Diabetes is hard because if you don’t, there are consequences you’ll have to deal with later in life. – Bryan Adams.
27. Insulin is not a cure for Diabetes; it is a treatment. It enables the diabetic to burn sufficient carbohydrates so that proteins and fats may be added to the diet in sufficient quantities to provide energy for the economic burdens of life. – Lee Haney.
28. I have high blood sugars, and Type 2 diabetes is not going to kill me. But I just have to eat right, and exercise, and lose weight, and watch what I eat, and I will be fine for the rest of my life. – Tom Hanks
29. Trying to manage diabetes is hard because if you don’t, there are consequences you’ll have to deal with later in life. – Elaine Stritch.
30. I was born with a bad pancreas, and I could have been born with something a lot worse. I wasn’t particularly lucky, but I wasn’t particularly unlucky, either. – Kathryn Ormsbee
31. Diabetes is not curable. It’s sustainable. – Alvin Leung.
32. The crucial thing to me is being a diabetic doesn’t stop you from doing anything. – Theresa May
33. Keep calm and ask about Diabetes. – Unknown
34. Be pleasant to diabetics; we manage enough pricks as of now. – Unknown
35. I got 99 problems, and they all involve carbs. – Unknown
36. Diabetes is a lousy, lousy disease. – Elaine Stritch
37. My doctor told me to lose weight, but I don’t like losing. – Unknown
38. Diabetes is a chronic condition that affects the way the body processes sugar (glucose).
39. There are two main types of diabetes: type 1 and type 2.
40. Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease where the body doesn’t produce insulin, a hormone that regulates blood sugar levels.
41. Type 2 diabetes is a metabolic disorder where the body doesn’t use insulin effectively, or produces too little insulin.
42. High blood sugar levels can lead to a range of complications, such as heart disease, nerve damage, blindness, kidney disease, and amputations.
43. Symptoms of diabetes include frequent urination, excessive thirst, unexplained weight loss, and constant hunger.
44. Lifestyle changes, such as regular physical activity, a balanced diet, and weight management, can help prevent or manage type 2 diabetes.
45. People with type 1 diabetes must take insulin injections or use an insulin pump to regulate their blood sugar levels.
46. The prevalence of diabetes has increased dramatically in recent years, largely due to the rise in obesity and sedentary lifestyles.
47. I fought Sugar Ray so often, I almost got diabetes. – Jake Lamotta
48. A life without sweets is not much worth living. – Pawan Mishra
49. One day at a time with Diabetes. – Michael Kiser
50. If you or a loved one suffers from this disease, do yourself a favor and learn everything you can about it. The more you know, the more equipped you will be to combat the condition. – Frederick Earlstein
51. Don’t go through life, grow through life. – Eric Butterworth
52. Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship. – Buddha
53. A positive mindset can overcome the most dire of situations. – Scott Earle
54. Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life. Tip Toe if you must, but take a step. – Naeem Callaway
55. Behind every chronic illness is just a person trying to find their way in the world. We want to find love and be loved and be happy just like you. We want to be successful and do something that matters. We’re just dealing with unwanted limitations in our hero’s journey. – Glenn Schweitzer
56. She made broken look beautiful and strong look invincible. She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like a pair of wings. – Ariana Dancu
57. You either get bitter or you get better. It’s that simple. You either take what has been dealt to you and allow it to make you a better person, or you allow it to tear you down. The choice does not belong to fate, it belongs to you. – Josh Shipp
58. Resting is not laziness, it’s medicine! – Glenn Schweitzer
59. Never let the things you cannot do prevent you from doing the things you can. – John Wooden
60. Talking about our problems is our greatest addiction. Break the habit. Talk about your joys. – Rita Schiano
61. Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it. – Charles R. Swindoll
62. The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. – C.C. Scott
63. Adversity is like a strong wind. It tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that we see ourselves as we really are. – Arthur Golden
64. The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. – Nelson Mandela
65. We do not have to be defined by our illness. We are much more than our symptoms. – Dr. Brent Shaefer
66. Struggle is a sign that you’re alive, that you’re human, and that you’re trying. – Zander Blancher
67. The only way to do great work is to love what you do. – Steve Jobs
68. You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it. – Margaret Thatcher
69. I am not a victim of diabetes, I am a fighter and a survivor. – Tate Andrews
70. Diabetes may be a challenge, but it has also taught me to appreciate the little things in life. – Steve Loosiers
71. Living with diabetes is a journey, and I choose to make it a positive one. – Rick M. Shivers
72. Diabetes is like a roller coaster. It has its ups and downs, but it’s your choice to scream or enjoy the ride. – Unknown
More Medical Quotes
We have similar articles that cover motivational quotes about other medical topics that I think you will enjoy. This includes the following:
- Quotes About Breathing
- Quotes About Asthma
- Quotes About COPD
- Quotes About Cystic Fibrosis
- Quotes About Pneumonia
- Quotes About Emphysema
- Quotes About Bronchiectasis
- Quotes About Lung Cancer
- Quotes About a Heart Attack
- Quotes About Congestive Heart Failure
- Quotes About Hypertension
- Quotes About Guillain-Barre Syndrome
- Quotes About Myasthenia Gravis
- Quotes About Sleep Apnea
- Quotes About Alzheimer’s Disease
- Quotes About Tuberculosis
- Quotes for Respiratory Therapists
Diabetes is a complex and challenging condition that affects millions of people worldwide.
The quotes in this article serve as a reminder of the struggles and triumphs of those living with diabetes, as well as the importance of education, awareness, and support in managing the condition.
Whether it’s the inspiring words of famous figures, the wisdom of healthcare professionals, or the heartfelt reflections of those personally affected by diabetes, these quotes serve as a source of encouragement, motivation, and hope for all those living with diabetes.
John Landry is a registered respiratory therapist from Memphis, TN, and has a bachelor's degree in kinesiology. He enjoys using evidence-based research to help others breathe easier and live a healthier life.
- The gifted authors of these amazing quotes about diabetes were credited throughout the article at the end of each quote.