A heart attack can be a life-altering experience that brings a sense of fear, uncertainty, and vulnerability.
To help understand and cope with this difficult time, words of wisdom from those who have gone through similar experiences can be incredibly comforting and inspiring.
In this article, we’ve compiled a list of the best quotes about having a heart attack, exploring themes such as hope, resilience, gratitude, and perseverance.
These quotes will provide a source of encouragement, comfort, and inspiration for anyone who is facing or has faced a heart attack.
Best Quotes About Having a Heart Attack:
1. A heart attack taught me that life is short and precious and that every day is a gift. – Sarah L. Peterson
2. I was so busy building my future that I forgot to enjoy the present. A heart attack taught me to live life to the fullest every day. – Martin Devers
3. A heart attack is not a death sentence; it’s a wake-up call. – Richard Harris
4. A heart attack made me realize that taking care of my health is the most important thing I can do for myself and for those I love. – Jillian Smith
5. A heart attack is a teacher; it teaches you to listen to your body, trust your instincts, and make healthy choices. – Liv Glissen
6. When you’re feeling down, sad, lonely, negative, you don’t want to take care of yourself – and the weight problem and the diabetic problem and the heart attack and stroke problems and high cholesterol set in. – Richard Simmons
7. I think of stress as the creator of cancer and heart attacks, like a tiny little ball you feed. I believe that one of the reasons I’ve never got ill is that I’m not stressed. – Simon Cowell
8. Heart disease is no laughing matter. After my father suffered a massive heart attack, I realized just how serious heart disease can be. – Cheryl Hines
9. I think I was able to survive five heart attacks because I never postponed going to the hospital when something didn’t feel right. – Dick Cheney
10. Mental tensions, frustrations, insecurity, aimlessness are among the most damaging stressors, and psychosomatic studies have shown how often they cause migraine headache, peptic ulcers, heart attacks, hypertension, mental disease, suicide, or just hopeless unhappiness. – Hans Selye
11. A heart attack is a turning point, a moment when you see the world differently, when you appreciate life more, and when you learn to live differently. – Danny Mark
12. A heart attack is a blessing in disguise, a chance to start over, to make changes, and to live a better life. – Jill Essary
13. A heart attack is a story, a story of hope, resilience, gratitude, and perseverance. – Heath B. Smith
14. Working too hard can give you a heart-attack. – Billy Joel
15. I have learnt a lot about my body since my heart attack. I don’t drink as much now as before. – Gerard Depardieu
16. I will never have a heart attack. I give them. – George Steinbrenner
17. Doctors say it’s okay to have sex after a heart attack, provided you close the ambulance door. – Phyllis Diller
18. You know what’s the difference between a cardiac surgeon and God is? God doesn’t think he’s a cardiac surgeon. – Lisa Gardner
19. Job dissatisfaction is the number one factor in whether you survive your first heart attack. – Tony Robbins
20. Do your part, care for your heart. – Unknown
21. The problem with heart disease is that the first symptom is often fatal. – Michael Phelps
22. Live healthy, stay young at heart. – Unknown
23. The most deadly disease truly is the failure of the heart. – Oscar Arias
24. Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food. – Hippocrates
25. The disease of the heart is worse than the disease of the body. – Hazrat Ali
26. We tend to waste so much of our time in doing unwanted things; just spare a few moments for the well-being of your heart. – Unknown
27. A heart attack is a reminder that we are not invincible, and that we need to take care of ourselves, physically, mentally, and emotionally. – Jeffery Suitor
28. I’m going to pump you up. Love, your heart. – Unknown
29. The strongest hearts have the most scars. – Jeff Hood
30. No wonder women have achieved a more equal footing with men in areas they never fought for — ulcers, hypertension, and heart attacks. We’re racing around trying to be all things to all people, burdened by a brutal mix of ambition, anxiety, and guilt. – Kathie Lee Gifford
31. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. – Matthew 6:21
32. Take the road to a healthy heart. – Unknown
33. A healthy heart is a key to a happy life. – Taylor Blackard
34. Put a stop to all of the problems related to your heart before it stops you. – Unknown
35. Dad is a new person. A person who has learned that forgiveness is better then revenge. Next year, we’ll teach him that heart attacks are not like women. You just can’t keep having them! – Christopher Titus
36. You’ve got heart in all the right places. – Unknown
37. Your heart shines brighter than a thousand suns. – Unknown
38. Your heart is in the right place. – Unknown
39. You wear your heart on your sleeve. – Unknown
40. She wore a short skirt and a tight sweater, and her figure described a set of parabolas that could cause cardiac arrest in a yak. – Woody Allen
41. The worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades. – Demetri Martin
42. Except for the occasional heart attack, I never felt better. – Dick Cheney
43. My heart beats like a drum for you. – Unknown
44. Your heart is big enough to love the world. – Sammy Richards
45. You’ve got the heart of a lion. – Shelbi Broadway
46. A heart filled with love is a happy, healthy heart. – Unknown
47. Heart attacks are also known as “myocardial infarctions,” which means “death of heart muscle.
48. The most common symptom of a heart attack is chest pain or discomfort, but not all heart attacks have obvious symptoms.
49. Women are more likely to experience unusual symptoms during a heart attack, such as fatigue, shortness of breath, and back or jaw pain.
50. Smoking, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and a family history of heart disease are some of the major risk factors for heart attacks.
51. A heart attack can occur at any time, even while sleeping, and can last from a few minutes to several hours.
52. A heart attack can cause permanent damage to the heart muscle and may lead to heart failure, arrhythmias, or sudden death.
53. Cardiac arrest, which is the sudden loss of heart function, can occur during a heart attack but is not the same thing as a heart attack.
54. Early treatment with aspirin, nitroglycerin, and other medications can help minimize damage to the heart muscle and increase survival rates.
55. Lifestyle changes such as quitting smoking, eating a healthy diet, and exercising regularly can reduce the risk of having a heart attack.
56. A heart attack is one of the leading causes of death worldwide, but with prompt treatment and lifestyle changes, the risk of another heart attack can be greatly reduced.
57. A heart attack is not a sprint, it’s a wake-up call. – Unknown
58. A heart attack can be a bitter pill to swallow, but it’s a sweet reminder to take care of your heart. – Dr. Mitch Palmer
59. A heart attack is a heart-wrenching experience, but it can also be a heart-warming reminder to live life to the fullest. – Christine Long
60. Healthy habits are your heart’s desire. – Unknown
61. The most chronic heart disease is caused by having greediness in your heart. Go for check-ups regularly and learn how to swallow those lumpy pills of generousity. Be kind and be healthy. – Israelmore Ayivor
62. With a healthy heart, the beat goes on. – Unknown
63. Having a sibling with cardiovascular disease increases your risk for a heart attack by as much as 45 percent compared to people without a sibling with cardiovascular disease. – Dr. Joanne Murabito
64. Start taking care of your heart before it falls apart. – Unknown
65. You have only one heart, so make sure that you give all your attention to its well-being. – Unknown
66. A healthy heart is the main source of your strength. – Unknown
67. A heart attack is a heart-stopping moment, but it can also be a heart-starting opportunity to make positive changes in your life. – John Landry
68. A heart attack can be a heavy burden, but it can also be a light at the end of the tunnel to live a healthier life. – Brandon Robinson
69. A heart attack is a tough beat to take, but it can also be a sweet reminder to cherish every moment. Jenny E. Harvey
70. You’re a great brother. You gave us a heart attack worrying about your heart attack, which you didn’t even have the decency to have! – Groucho Marx
71. Stay away from all kinds of stress and kill the tension; only then can you have a healthy heart. – Unknown
72. The medical literature tells us that the most effective ways to reduce the risk of heart disease, cancer, stroke, diabetes, Alzheimer’s, and many more problems are through healthy diet and exercise. Our bodies have evolved to move, yet we now use the energy in oil instead of muscles to do our work. – Dr. David Suzuki
More Medical Quotes
We have similar articles that cover motivational quotes about other medical topics that I think you will enjoy. This includes the following:
- Quotes About Breathing
- Quotes About Asthma
- Quotes About COPD
- Quotes About Cystic Fibrosis
- Quotes About Pneumonia
- Quotes About Emphysema
- Quotes About Bronchiectasis
- Quotes About Lung Cancer
- Quotes About Congestive Heart Failure
- Quotes About Hypertension
- Quotes About Guillain-Barre Syndrome
- Quotes About Myasthenia Gravis
- Quotes About Diabetes
- Quotes About Sleep Apnea
- Quotes About Alzheimer’s Disease
- Quotes About Tuberculosis
- Quotes for Respiratory Therapists
A heart attack can be a life-changing experience that affects not only the individual but also their loved ones. However, it can also serve as a powerful reminder to prioritize our health and well-being.
Whether it’s through inspiring words of wisdom, thought-provoking insights, or humor, these quotes about having a heart attack offer a valuable perspective on what it means to face this challenge and come out stronger on the other side.
So, let these quotes be a source of inspiration as you navigate your journey toward a healthier and more fulfilling life. Remember, every day is an opportunity to love and care for your heart and to make the most of the time you have.
John Landry is a registered respiratory therapist from Memphis, TN, and has a bachelor's degree in kinesiology. He enjoys using evidence-based research to help others breathe easier and live a healthier life.
- The gifted authors of these amazing quotes about heart attack were credited throughout the article at the end of each quote.