Sleep apnea is a common yet often overlooked sleep disorder that can have a profound impact on both physical and mental health. For those who suffer from sleep apnea, restful nights can feel like a distant memory, as they are constantly interrupted by episodes of interrupted breathing.
Despite its widespread prevalence, sleep apnea remains a challenging condition to live with, and those who suffer from it often feel isolated and misunderstood.
However, the words of others can offer comfort, encouragement, and a sense of shared experience. That’s why we’ve gathered a collection of insightful and empowering quotes about sleep apnea to offer hope and inspiration to those who are affected by this condition.
Best Quotes About Sleep Apnea:
1. Snoring isn’t sexy, but neither is CPAP. – Dr. David Jones
2. Sleep is the best meditation. – Dalai Lama
3. Sleep apnea is known to cause mental illness and chronic fatigue. – Steven Magee
4. The first thing that was suggested when I got diagnosed was CPAP therapy. – Lyn Ashby
5. Try breathing while you sleep. It certainly helps. – Brant Reader
6. Couples who struggle with sleep apnea have a high divorce rate. – Dr. Rosalind Cartwright
7. I discovered my severe sleep apnea by using a recording pulse oximeter. No one in my family has a history of using CPAP or BiPAP machines, even though I had to use them for several years. After many years of having sleep apnea, I successfully cleared it up. – Steven Magee
8. When I’m worried and I can’t sleep, I count my blessings instead of sheep. – Irving Berlin
9. The worst sleep disorder is being awake. – Unknown
10. Couldn’t sleep, wouldn’t sleep. Love came and told me, shouldn’t sleep. Bewitched, bothered and bewildered, am I. – Beegie Adair
11. The easiest thing to do in the world is pull the covers up over your head and go back to sleep. – Dan Gable
12. Sleep helps you win at life. – Amy Poehler
13. Dreams are not seen when you sleep. Dreams are those that don’t let you sleep. – Thexy Odette
14. Sleep apnea can be a serious condition if it’s not treated. – McKenzy Bowers
15. Laugh and the world laughs with you; snore, and you sleep alone! – Anthony Burgess
16. When the going gets tough, the tough take a nap. – Tom Hodgkinson
17. The shorter your sleep, The shorter your life span. – Matthew Walker
18. Sleep apnea may be a thief of breath, but it can be defeated with knowledge, determination and the right equipment. – Dr. Shawn Wheeler
19. Without enough sleep, we all become tall two-year-olds. – JoJo Jensen
20. Sleep apnea can rob you of the restful sleep you need to function well during the day, but with proper treatment, you can reclaim your good night’s sleep. – Michael J. Brown
21. Sleep is the golden chain that ties health and our bodies together. – Thomas Dekker
22. Sleep is the single most effective thing we can do to reset our brain and body health each day. – Matthew Walker
23. I don’t want to just survive, I want to live. And with sleep apnea treatment, I am doing just that. – Ottis Gammill
24. I love sleep. My life has a tendency to fall apart when I’m awake, you know? – Ernest Hemingway
25. A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor’s book. – Irish Proverb
26. It’s not just about the quantity of sleep, it’s about the quality. And with sleep apnea, that quality is often severely impacted. – Dr. David Nobles
27. The bed is a bundle of paradoxes: we go to it with reluctance, yet we quit it with regret; we make up our minds every night to leave it early, but we make up our bodies every morning to keep it late. – Charles Caleb Colton
28. View your health as an investment, not an expense. – John Quelch
29. Sleep apnea can make you feel like you’re just going through the motions of life, but with the right treatment, you can start truly living again. – Amanda Nesbit
30. The bed is a bundle of paradoxes: we go to it with reluctance, yet we quit it with regret; we make up our minds every night to leave it early, but we make up our bodies every morning to keep it late. – Charles Caleb Colton
31. Happiness consists of getting enough sleep. Just that, nothing more. – Robert A. Heinlein
32. Sleep apnea may try to steal your nights, but cannot steal your dreams. – Blane Barnett
33. The amount of sleep required by the average person is five minutes more. – Wilson Mizener
34. Everything you do, you’ll do better with a good night’s sleep. – Arianna Huffington
35. Sleep apnea can make you feel helpless and alone, but you are not alone. There are millions of us out there, fighting the same fight and winning. – Diane Koffman
36. There is no sunrise so beautiful that it is worth waking me up to see it. – Mindy Kaling
37. Sleep apnea may take away your breath, but it doesn’t have to take away your life. – Dr. Dick Berry
38. If sleep does not serve an absolutely vital function, then it is the biggest mistake the evolutionary process has ever made. – Allan Rechtschaffen
39. Sleep apnea may be a formidable foe, but with the right tools and determination, it can be defeated. Don’t give up, keep fighting, and you’ll get your good nights sleep back. – Sheila M. Robati
40. I want to sleep but my brain won’t stop talking to itself. – Unknown
41. People who snore always fall asleep first. – Unknown
42. As that old saying goes: “What you don’t know can hurt you.” And that’s especially true when it comes to issues pertaining to your health. – McKenzy Bowers
43. I’m so good at sleeping that I can do it with my eyes closed. – Unknown
44. The primary symptoms of sleep apnea include loud snoring, gasping or choking during sleep, and excessive daytime fatigue.
45. There are three types of sleep apnea: Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA), Central Sleep Apnea (CSA), and Complex Sleep Apnea Syndrome (CSAS).
46. Risk factors for sleep apnea include being overweight, having a large neck circumference, and having a family history of the condition.
47. Sleep apnea can lead to serious health problems, including high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke, and depression.
48. Treatment options for sleep apnea include lifestyle changes, such as losing weight and quitting smoking, and medical treatments, such as Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) therapy.
49. CPAP therapy is the most common treatment for sleep apnea and involves wearing a mask over the nose and/or mouth to deliver a constant stream of air to keep the airway open during sleep.
50. Surgery is another option for treating sleep apnea, although it is typically only recommended for severe cases that do not respond to other treatments.
51. Sleep apnea can also be treated with lifestyle changes, such as sleeping on your side, avoiding alcohol and sleeping aids, and maintaining a healthy weight.
52. Sleep apnea is a real snore-fest.
53. Why did the sleep apnea patient cross the road? To get to the CPAP machine on the other side.
54. Sleep apnea is a real breath-taker.
55. Sleep apnea has got me feeling like I need more than just a good night’s sleep. – Johnny Landers
56. With sleep apnea, it’s always a struggle to get a good night’s sleep. – Unknown
57. It is an insidious condition that affects people in a variety of ways and differing degrees of severity. – Jerry Jacobson
58. A positive mindset can overcome the most dire of situations. – Scott Earle
59. Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life. Tip Toe if you must, but take a step. – Naeem Callaway
60. Behind every chronic illness is just a person trying to find their way in the world. We want to find love and be loved and be happy just like you. We want to be successful and do something that matters. We’re just dealing with unwanted limitations in our hero’s journey. – Glenn Schweitzer
61. Resting is not laziness, it’s medicine! – Glenn Schweitzer
62. Never let the things you cannot do prevent you from doing the things you can. – John Wooden
63. When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven’t. – Thomas Edison
64. Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it. – Charles R. Swindoll
65. The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. – C.C. Scott
66. Adversity is like a strong wind. It tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that we see ourselves as we really are. – Arthur Golden
67. The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. – Nelson Mandela
68. We do not have to be defined by our illness. We are much more than our symptoms. – Dr. Brent Shaefer
69. We are not defined by our condition. We are defined by our strength, our courage, and our determination. – Unknown
70. One day at a time, one step at a time, one breath at a time, one good night’s sleep at a time. – Andrea Cortez
71. Do whatever it takes to manage your sleep apnea. There are options available that can help. – Maria Lopez
72. How to beat sleep apnea: Never stop moving forward. – Brett Harrison
More Medical Quotes
We have similar articles that cover motivational quotes about other medical topics that I think you will enjoy. This includes the following:
- Quotes About Breathing
- Quotes About Asthma
- Quotes About COPD
- Quotes About Cystic Fibrosis
- Quotes About Pneumonia
- Quotes About Emphysema
- Quotes About Bronchiectasis
- Quotes About Lung Cancer
- Quotes About a Heart Attack
- Quotes About Congestive Heart Failure
- Quotes About Hypertension
- Quotes About Guillain-Barre Syndrome
- Quotes About Myasthenia Gravis
- Quotes About Diabetes
- Quotes About Alzheimer’s Disease
- Quotes About Tuberculosis
- Quotes for Respiratory Therapists
Sleep apnea is a condition that affects millions of people and can have serious impacts on one’s health and quality of life. These quotes about sleep apnea provide a glimpse into the experiences of those who suffer from the condition and the challenges they face.
Whether it’s the physical, emotional, or mental toll that sleep apnea takes, these quotes serve as a reminder of the strength and resilience of those who live with it.
The next time you or someone you know is struggling with this condition, hopefully, these quotes may offer comfort and support.
John Landry, BS, RRT
John Landry is a registered respiratory therapist from Memphis, TN, and has a bachelor's degree in kinesiology. He enjoys using evidence-based research to help others breathe easier and live a healthier life.
- The gifted authors of these amazing quotes about sleep apnea were credited throughout the article at the end of each quote.